CAR #7-1987 Grand National Hardtop-6,800 miles

bruiser3138

I am seriously considering purchasing this car from Kirban. Does anybody have any history, info., pedigree, etc... Please reply with your helpful comments.

CAR #7 - 1987 Grand National Hardtop - 6,800 miles
Collectible Status - This car has been autographed by Molly.

This GN hardtop has the following factory options: power windows, power locks, tilt, cruise, delay wipers, remote right hand mirror, rear defogger, posi rear, power antenna, am/fm cassette, concert sound II, power driver’s seat, lighted visor mirror, body side molding and door edge guards. It also has the rare factory full trunk carpet kit.

This car appears to have original paint with no dings. It has been well cared for since new. Car has a very strong new car smell. The tires have been replaced. The exhaust has been updated to a dual muffler system and the tailpipes have the same angle cut tailpipes as the originals. The interior looks like you stepped back to 1987 all over again. Not even a wrinkle in the sun visors. The door panels are nice and dark. The doors shut like they did back in 1987 and still have perfect original weatherstrips. Mint, textured steering wheel, as it should be on what is virtually a new car.

The trunk appears to have never been used and the spare and jack have never been out of the trunk. Under the hood is 100% stock with a very visible Buick recall sticker for the brake switch. It still has the original hoses and plug wires.

The wheels all look brand new with no fading at all. We did install our turbo-six embroidered front floor mats and a brand new AC Delco battery.

If you are looking for a fine example of a 1987 Grand National hardtop, this car is tough to beat. It is also one of the few that escaped from Flint with a very nice paint job!

NOTE - Since this car is in “Collectible” condition, if this car is kept in this condition, it can only increase in value as time goes by.

Are you asking or telling us about the car? I would see the car in person either way b4 I bought anything.

I redirected this post to the Turbo Lounge so you will get more exposure.
I will close the other posts as they are not turbo and turbo tech related.
Hope this helps.

Patrick

If that is the car that I am thinking of I was very close to buying it from the gentleman in NY that they purchased it from. I never had a chance to see the car in person but from the many pictures the owner sent me the car looked very nice. Best of luck if you decide to purchase!

I don't see 1987 with low miles be that collectable 1 of 30000 an 86 1of 5512
I don't see Molly signature increasing the value either considering only buick guys know who he is. JUST MY OPINION, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT

I don't see Molly signature increasing the value either considering only buick guys know who he is. JUST MY OPINION, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT

Thats the first time I've ever heard that. No offense to your '86 but the '87 will always be the sought after year.

Wow...great thread that can branch off into tons of discussion. It seems like the LAST year of production collectors always want. 69 Camaros, 67 Corvettes, ETC.....I wonder why some of the LOW LOW production numbers never bring the big $ like 84 GN's!

BUT..back on topic....have you decided to go take a look at the car?

my opinion is the TRUE value of it was hurt when the exhaust & tires were replaced. if someone did not drive it but 6800 miles to preserve it, why replace tires & exhaust?

I have a hard time believing Kirban doesnt know if it has original paint.
It say APPEARS to have original paint.
Either way its getting harder to find low mile cars.
Whats he trying to get for it?

low mile cars hard to find?

:confused:

I have an ad running for a 6,000 mile gn with original tires, plug wires, master cylinder accumulator, paint, etc. Nothing but tire kickers and picture collectors so far.

Scarcity by itself will not establish nor maintain collectibility.

With that kind of thinking, then my 87 LTD with 1,035 made BUT mine being the ONLY ONE BUILT without a hood ornament is worth more that any of them?? I doubt it!!
Wish it were true but Not says my collector insurance!
Thats a nice car so if you like it buy it! Its a CAR & meant to be enjoyed!