cant keep the T TYPE running

owensboi84

i have a 1987 T TYPE and i just put it back together and i fired it up and it wouldnt stay running so i checked my maf translator and it was good so i checked the throttle position sensor by unplugging it and it will stay running but asoon as i plug it back in the car will die so i bought a new one and put it on and set it and its still doin the same thing so i was wondering what i should do if anybody has any suggestion

Interetsting that I'm just getting back to my old T-Type that needs alot of work and was getting in going today and same thing...won't hold idle. Adjusted TPS, checked MAF...I only need a very little bit of throttle to keep it going, like the space of a washer and it idles fine...rich (working on that next) but fine.

I was my chip in the ecm i was told i have 50lb investorsand they were only 32lb and i had a chip for 55 so mine was just dumping fuel so i got a stock chip and she runs fine.... did u check ur fuel pressure?

Haven't gotten around to it...also working another issue on my 68 Camaro that is now fixed...so more attention back to the Buick. Unfortunately no guage installed so have to manually check it, but won't get around to it until tomorrow some time....until then.