cant get &*$^ shifter out of park!?!?!

MY T FAST

ok guys,
still working on this valve body thing. long story short, shift kit installed correctly now, but i can't get the damn thing out of park. i called Bruce at PTS and he has been more than helpful up to this point, but i feel bad calling him 9000 times for my stupid problems. lol. ok i have disconnected the park rod, the manual valve z link, the shifter cable, and the little spiny, half circle thingy (thats a scientific term ;) ) on the front of the trans will not move. there is NOTHIng connected to it, and it won't move which means i can't get the thing out of park. what do i do? i'm sorry for the great description above, but i'm a total trans virgin. so if you can help at all please do. thanks in advance gents.
Talon

It has been a long time since I have worked on a 200-4r, but it seems to me as though there is a way to incorrectly assemble the 'S' link assembly, and get it so the arm won't move. If you have everything apart, will the valve slide in/out of the valve body? If so, you have something assembled incorrectly in the linkage. You need a picture to confirm your assembly is correct. Sorry I can't help you with one.

Steve

Steve,
thanks for the reply. i checked the manual valve and linkage it was correct. i solved the problem... i didn't have the key turned on, so it was locked in park. i felt like a complete moron, only took me 3 hrs to figure that out. lol. anyway thanks for taking the time to respond.
Talon

Steve,
thanks for the reply. i checked the manual valve and linkage it was correct. i solved the problem... i didn't have the key turned on, so it was locked in park. i felt like a complete moron, only took me 3 hrs to figure that out. lol. anyway thanks for taking the time to respond.
Talon

I'd never admit that !!! :p now where did I put that wrench I have been lookin for for an hour :eek:

i didn't want to, but he took the time to reply, so i figured i owed an explanation. not my finest hour. lol. but maybe some other knucklehead can learn from my spark of genuis. haha.