cant get it running right

jwheelz1212

hey guys iv done a lot of work to my car recently and now its not running good at all, i just installed 42lb injectors and chip to match, 3 inch down pipe, alky kit and some other things, it runs good until i get on it, then it sputters or if i go WOT it will back fire like crazy, it smells like its running really rich so im going to get a adj fuel pressure regulator this week and see if that will help, any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated, all my upgrades are in my sig

thanks guys!

is it throwing any codes and do you have scan tool to see what's going on? From what I get from your post is that it starts, idles, and cruises fine....no issues, only when you get into P/E. Have you tried rolling into the throttle to full boost instead of mashing the gas?

You'll save yourself time and headache if you can post a log of what it's doing and most folks here can help you out. Just need more info.

i do have a scanmaster and its not showing any codes, and yeah i can roll into the throttle to full boost and it will be fine its only when i mash the gas i have problems,

thanks

If it's backfiring out the exhaust then it is definitely rich. You get that regulator yet?

Who's chip are you running? Turn the boost down and turn the alky off until you figure out what's going on, is what I would do. Are you running the stock fuel pump?

A few things come to mind............ dirty fuel filter, air filter, clogged cat converter, bad ignition module, bad ignition coil, fuel pump taking a sh*t, bad plugs, bad plug wires, fuel injector wiring harness rubbed through, positive battery cable touching passenger side header and arcing through, old chip, old/clogged/faulty fuel injectors, wiring harness issues, ECM (computer) issues. I try to always have a spare everything, just in case..... I've found many problems by replacing parts with spare parts. Good luck and let us know what you find, it may help someone else out down the road.

Chuck

alky is on, boost is about 18 psi,
its a turbo tweak chip, i have a new walbro pump, i dont have a cat, ill keep looking for anything that could have gone bad

In your first post you thought you might be running rich and were going to get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. If you are running rich (or lean) you should adjust using your TT chip, not the FPR. In fact most chips are written for 43 psi of fuel with vac. line off and you wouldn't normally change it. You could just get a Bosch 237 non-adjustable which is set for 43 psi and leave it at that.

turn boost down to 15-16lbs.
turn alky off.
get car running correctly there first as is stated by tt and alky kit directions.

I would turn the boost down to 10 psi and turn off the alky kit. See if the car runs decent at that level.

Are you sure the chip is tuned for alky? It sounds like you are flooding the motor when the alky kit comes on.

I would still get a pressure regulator and make sure you are getting a rise in fuel pressure under boost.

If you bought a TT chip set up for the alky kit you should be able to set the kit to come on at 8 psi and set the gain knob at 6 and leave it there.

have you checked or omhed your coil pack? when my GN did tis very thing , it was the coil pack gone bad.

No one has mentioned if the fuel pump has the hot wire kit on it either...just throwing some easy/basic stuff out there.