can't get cam sensor set right

Don't forget to properly set your TPS sensor.

Here's what I do.
I rotate the Scanmaster around on the dash so I can see it while making adjustments.
.42 - .44 key on, engine off is what I start with. Now with the floor mat out from under the gas pedal, (still key on, engine off) I like to see 4.5 - 4.7v wide open throttle or WOT as we like to call it.
And lastly, at idle, after the idle settles down with the vacuum hose off the fuel pressure regulator, I look for the same .42 - .44 numbers.
If good, reconnect vacuum hose and done.

And one last thing. it's best to read everything on Vortexbuicks website. Priceless information.
Glad to hear you got it running.

-Patrick-

Here's what I do.
I rotate the Scanmaster around on the dash so I can see it while making adjustments.
.42 - .44 key on, engine off is what I start with. Now with the floor mat out from under the gas pedal, (still key on, engine off) I like to see 4.5 - 4.7v wide open throttle or WOT as we like to call it.
And lastly, at idle, after the idle settles down with the vacuum hose off the fuel pressure regulator, I look for the same .42 - .44 numbers.

And one last thing. it's best to read everything on Vortexbuicks website. Priceless information.

-Patrick-

Speaking of Vortexbuicks, whatever happened to Steve Wood, not on here anymore. I know he's still kicking and a rather knowledgeable guy for sure.

Here's what I do.

-Patrick-
That's a good question about my TPS if you look back I posted my numbers engine cold and my TPS was .30. After I got it running still cold it went up tp .40 is that normal. I use the Vortex site all the time great help. Turbo came from Beason he was lots help

That's a good question about my TPS if you look back I posted my numbers engine cold and my TPS was .30. After I got it running still cold it went up tp .40 is that normal. I use the Vortex site all the time great help. Turbo came from Beason he was lots help

Typically, when it's set, it stays set and won't go lower.
Seeing a lower setting on cold start or cold key on not running and when warm idle is a different animal. This could be signs of a failing TPS sensor, especially if it's a 32-33 year old original TPS sensor. If original, I highly recommend replacing it asap.
And lastly, watch this video and listen to what John talks about. What he says is 110% fact. If you plan on hanging on to your Turbo Buick for awhile, take what he says to heart.

Hope this helps.

-Patrick-

Typically, when it's set, it stays set and won't go lower.
Seeing a lower setting on cold start or cold key on not running and when warm idle is a different animal. This could be signs of a failing TPS sensor, especially if it's a 32-33 year old original TPS sensor. If original, I highly recommend replacing it asap.
And lastly, watch this video and listen to what John talks about. What he says is 110% fact. If you plan on hanging on to your Turbo Buick for awhile, take what he says to heart.

Hope this helps.

-Patrick-
Thanks Patrick that was vary informative.

Key on engine off will show a lower tps reading do to lower battery voltage. Once the engine is started and the alternator starts producing power, the battery and senor volts will rise. Common scenes.