Can't Compete with This

I can post this because I have a new ‘23 Chevy Bolt EUV……
2B843CB2-751E-452F-9179-0A2E1007736D.jpeg

Sapphire was the fastest until Dodge decided to retire the Demon as the fastest production and its eating Corn.
$100,361
4275lbs
1.66 60ft hitting 8.91 at 151mph (track)
3000 US made
300 Canadian

The Demon 170 will be a hoot (named 170 after the "proof" of the alcohol that it takes to run it). But the car they have planned to replace it (yep, not ICE) is rumored to be faster. Good time to be alive.

The Demon 170 will be a hoot (named 170 after the "proof" of the alcohol that it takes to run it). But the car they have planned to replace it (yep, not ICE) is rumored to be faster. Good time to be alive.
Yes, 8’s will be much more common coming from factory stock cars. And they will be electric.

Question for the Greenies......

Where are they gonna dispose of all those spent, toxic chemical batteries?

Just askin'.

Fair enough question. All battery packs can be rebuilt (just like the battery in our Buicks). And while a portion of the material is tossed, much of it is reused. Just sayn'.

Sure! It looks like battery disposal has been an issue for a long time... But yet people call out the EV's exclusively. That (along with many other barbs tossed at EV's) are what I am trying to expose for you. I don't want any car guy looking like they are not on top of the details.

Nevertheless, even with that said battery disposal is not near the disaster when in comparison with Exxon Valdez or the Deep Water Horizon rig oil disaster. Even so, I did not stand there and point a finger at oil usage when those happened. Because it is as simple as this... If we want progress, we have to accept some risks and/or disposal issues. At least I do.

I'm not throwing barbs at you. I've ridden in and driven EV's. They're pretty cool.

Lead/Acid batteries are far less toxic than are EV batteries and the don't burn down. (normally)

I'm merely pointing at the opposite side of the coin.

You can't generate electricity with electricity. At this point in time, to generate the massive amounts of electricity/energy the world consumes/needs, wind, solar and hydro just don't cut it. Nobody wants nuclear in their back yard, so that won't work right now, either.

I understand they are a finite resource, but we need fossil fuels. Period.

Last edited:
I like the hybrid idea so they're AWD like the new Vette E-Ray, gas in the ass and no fossil fronts. That's the nicotine patch for all us to slowly transition to the eventual sounds of nothing as you drive 9.1 @ 156mph.

BTW, this thread in like 1903...
Twin Donkeys vs 2 cylinder motorcycle?
Horse Dung vs Steam vs Gas?

A lot of us are holding onto horse dung for as long as we can. I'm going vegetarian horse as a compromise. LOL

I appreciate all of that @TurboTGuy, and I hear you load & clear. I am looking at the advantages of e-fuel now, as Porsche has invested over 100 million into that process recently looking at keeping their revenue stream (old Porsches) running & driving & buying parts. It (e-fuel) is something we may all be able to benefit from, and that is old tech!

So I have plenty of pals that sing the song about "we wont have enough ways to electrify the grid for the nation!" but that is simply not true. My own personal EV does not use the grid. I have a solar panel that charges it. Not once have I needed to burden the national grid. If anything, I supply power back to the grid. Just more nuggets for you to talk to your friends about as we all get more familiar with it. I believe that it really is possible to get it all done & everyone is happy.

I appreciate all of that @TurboTGuy, and I hear you load & clear. I am looking at the advantages of e-fuel now, as Porsche has invested over 100 million into that process recently looking at keeping their revenue stream (old Porsches) running & driving & buying parts. It (e-fuel) is something we may all be able to benefit from, and that is old tech!

So I have plenty of pals that sing the song about "we wont have enough ways to electrify the grid for the nation!" but that is simply not true. My own personal EV does not use the grid. I have a solar panel that charges it. Not once have I needed to burden the national grid. If anything, I supply power back to the grid. Just more nuggets for you to talk to your friends about as we all get more familiar with it. I believe that it really is possible to get it all done & everyone is happy.
Not to sound snarky, but anyone who truly understands the grid absolutely knows that we do not have the capability to "transition" to "so called" green energy unless you want to call nuclear and natural gas green. The technology today does not exist, the money does not exist, the natural resource production does not exist, and real consumer demand does not exist to transition. Other than deception and fear at the political level, nothing is driving an "energy transition". Current electricity is plentiful and cost effective, for now.
Solar panels and windmills disrupt the grid (even at the tiny production numbers here in the US), to understand this you have to understand grid frequency response. Since electricity production occurs the instant you use it, the grid requires a constant balance between energy produced and energy consumed. The initial balance is through grid inertia which is created by the rotating inertia of synchronized spinning turbines at 60hz (or 50hz depending on country) which are regulated to be able to maintain that 60hz to a fraction of a percent. The inertia is a tremendous amount of stored energy that is absolutely necessary for a stable grid. The equipment on the grid is designed to operate at 60hz, a small percentage off this could damage the equipment and cause units to trip offline and likely a cascading blackout, or at a bare minimum localized blackouts. If it were possible to get national production levels of "green energy" to 30%, the grid would become unstable due to the removal of grid inertia, there is very little grid scale planning to deal with that, if it were even possible to get to that target.
As the frequency drifts up or down, the next levels of stability come from primary (plants that throttle up/down), secondary (plants with reserve power), and tertiary (plants that can be online in say 10 to 30 minutes) grid frequency response. It is quite the marvel the way the current grid is organized and managed to keep the lights on. Solar and windmills produce DC which use inverters to produce AC and provide no inertia and due to the intermittent production actually destabilize the grid. A power plant that uses thermal energy is required to stabilize these producers maneuvering up and down to constantly adjust. Utility scale batteries are a joke, and would also require special controls and software (that may or may not exist) to provide a virtual synchronous condenser, even if it was possible to do real (as in a significant power storage) utility scale battery backup which currently it is not.
I have no problem with electric cars, but there is no special virtue or lack there of in owning one, but to say something "is simply not true" that is true if you are talking about solar panels and windmills should be challenged.