Can't Compete with This

hemi8

Goin Sideways
9.1 sec. 156mph, I don't care how much hp my engine puts out the Lucid would smoke it any day of the week, hell the Tesla plaid would eat the GN for lunch. Times they are a changing and have passed right by me like I was standing still. I cannot believe how badass fast these things are:

I have a Plaid, its mind-blowing for certain.

2F4C35BB-CB0E-4EC0-8D4B-961444DBF17D_1_105_c.jpeg

But, as much as I like it, my GN is still my favorite. It has the goods that make me feel like a kid.

9DCDFDC1-5AD2-4129-88B0-372B9FFCDDA2.jpeg

9.1 sec. 156mph, I don't care how much hp my engine puts out the Lucid would smoke it any day of the week, hell the Tesla plaid would eat the GN for lunch. Times they are a changing and have passed right by me like I was standing still. I cannot believe how badass fast these things are:
Love these vids
I've been going faster soooooo
Much longer as well as others.
All internal.combustion as well.

You guys... We do not have to call names and belittle the hyper cars just 'cause you don't like them. I am no fan of the Asian stuff (GTR, WRX) but I don't disparage them just because I don't want one.

Whats wrong with just being glad that there are still damn fast cars? The guy that owns that Bugatti might have a GN at home that he likes too. They are not bad, they are just not your bag. I don't think there is any need to trash them.

You guys... We do not have to call names and belittle the hyper cars just 'cause you don't like them. I am no fan of the Asian stuff (GTR, WRX) but I don't disparage them just because I don't want one.

Whats wrong with just being glad that there are still damn fast cars? The guy that owns that Bugatti might have a GN at home that he likes too. They are not bad, they are just not your bag. I don't think there is any need to trash them.
I'm not trashing anything
Lots of fast things out there now
Every platform can make power for sure.
I just took my new exotic out for a spirited ride
Cool car no doubt but..........
Compared to my purpose built n/t buicks it doesnt stand a chance😉

the new cars are super smooth
you dont hear them and dont feel the road.
the driver feedback is very much reduced as well as overall line of site from a vision perspective.
that's probably why there are so many camera's and safety warning features on these new cars.
they are a different kind of fun.
but from an overall cost for speed perspective new cars are much more pricey per et/mph.
a purpose built older car can go faster for much cheaper although inmo none if it is cheap by any means.

Is this a Buick Form? You should expect some passionate response from us. For me when EV s are the in thing I am getting a horse and buggy. Up here they don't have to pay road tax ( that's half our cost of gasoline at the pump) and they have free charging stations. It will be interesting when they have to pay there share. For the techy or have to have the in thing I guess they are a cool thing.

Mebbie some of the vitriol is due to the guys that can afford a Tesla are the ones getting a tax break to buy it with MY taxes! And then they are avoiding road use taxes that my I.C. car is paying for the road repairs that they are driving on!
I am seriously thinking of going 100% alcohol in my Turbo Coupe so I can get a cloudy blue/white license plate for 10% of what I am paying now, AND have UNRESTRICTED USE of the carpool lanes, AND no road use taxes too!
I ran 2 propane carbs on my 8/71 blown bbc Nova until the plate was pulled for
"intent to circumvent a smog law."
At least on the Buick, it won't be as obvious, and I can get away with it, but that won't be as fun as the " in your face 9 sec blown Nova with no hood!"
P.S. a separate electric meter for all charging stations, either home or public units with a road use tax surcharge would go a long way toward making the "greenies" pay their fair share, along with doing away with ALL subsidies. As if the dems would ever go for that!
TIMINATOR

A funny story!
We're at the Subway for Sunday lunch.
In comes 2 teenie bopper girls... Maybe 18-19.
"Can we use your wall plug for a few minutes, our car is almost dead?
Sure!
She parks it right at the door, pulls out the charger cord, and proceeds to "fill up"!
Of course, no food bought... Sat there and diddled with their damn cell fones.
They were there about a half hr and were gone. No "thank you", nothing, just gone.
This Subway is in a real gas station!

A funny story!
We're at the Subway for Sunday lunch.
In comes 2 teenie bopper girls... Maybe 18-19.
"Can we use your wall plug for a few minutes, our car is almost dead?
Sure!
She parks it right at the door, pulls out the charger cord, and proceeds to "fill up"!
Of course, no food bought... Sat there and diddled with their damn cell fones.
They were there about a half hr and were gone. No "thank you", nothing, just gone.
This Subway is in a real gas station!
Sounds like you really went all out for lunch there, Chuck.

Gas station Subway.... LOL. :p

What's next weeks plan, Walmart MacDonald's?

Hey I am as hard core as the rest of you all, I am just into all cars ~ & the people who drive. I will give a nod to anyone who doesn't think of a car as simply an appliance.

Additionally - Let me give you all a little news... Here in IL (business unfriendly State #1) EV cars DO pay road tax. Know how? The Dems here implemented an additional "charge" on an EV license tag. So when you register a EV, you pay the road tax right there at the DMV. Way more than the regular plated ICE unit. And then you continue to pay that fee EVERY YEAR YOU RENEW IT.

Lastly the big boy Teslas do NOT get any tax rebate offerd for them. So don't think its easy street my ninjas. You gotta want it. And pay to play.

Hey I am as hard core as the rest of you all, I am just into all cars ~ & the people who drive. I will give a nod to anyone who doesn't think of a car as simply an appliance.
But to a lot of people, it is simply an appliance, in every sense of the word, plugged in just like a refrigerator. The fast ones are fast, no doubt, but just the way most of us think of a fridge, is what the majority of them will be. The fast ones are just a fridge with ice and water in the door and a computer to tell you when to buy milk.

Sure, these exceptional versions of these cars wont change everyone's mind. Plenty will see a squewed version. But with maybe a little help from me, I may be able to educate some of them.