Can't access "A/C on" parameters on extender chip

forcefed3.8's

Buckeye Bullet
My car continues to punish me. Last year, I was able to adjust all parameters on an Extender chip, with the only hicup being instead of drive, my car used reverse. This year, turning on A/C doesn't change the parameter. Where should I start, or what can be jumped to access these parameters?
Old electronics suck.

My car continues to punish me. Last year, I was able to adjust all parameters on an Extender chip, with the only hicup being instead of drive, my car used reverse. This year, turning on A/C doesn't change the parameter. Where should I start, or what can be jumped to access these parameters?
Old electronics suck.

Likely your AC has lost it's Freon charge and the pressure switch is not being activated.

As a fix to access the extender parameters, there is a sensor on the AC Accumulator (that vertical cylinder near the heater box) if you unplug the connector and short the wires together, you can access the extender parameters by using the AC switches as you would normally.

That did it. The AC hasn't worked for 2 summers. Oh well, thanks.

You can unplug the pressure switch connector on the drier/accumulator and put a jumper between the two wires in the connector, this will fool the ECM into thinking there's enough pressure in the system.
I just made up a small 2" piece of wire with a male spade connector on each end to accomplish this until I got my A/C working.

Good grief, I just noticed that REAL-T has the answer in his post. Too early, not enough coffee. :eek:

I bent a paperclip, and tried it at 3am. I didn't think this was the problem because the AC has been too low to kick on for 2 years, but the extender worked right. I guess it is really low now. Time for a recharge. I hate sitting in the staging lanes and sweating. What is messed up is my 79 Lesabre still has the original R-12 charge, works great.
Thanks guys, I was getting mad at the car. The only settings I really want to adjust are the AC on settings, the rest I can adjust with the GEN 2.