RJC's Rear Engine Brace ??

Thanks man. I would have called Jason, but it's Saturday, and I didn't want to bother him.

Attachments

• IMG_0573.JPG
    IMG_0573.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0574.JPG
    IMG_0574.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 334
  • IMG_0575.JPG
    IMG_0575.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 262
Thanks man. I would have called Jason, but it's Saturday, and I didn't want to bother him.
Same thing i had to do o brace to clear the brake lines. I still have my brace and relatively new stock motor mounts. I guess i should shit can the polys and go back to the brace and stock mounts setup. Vibration does suck.

Has anyone ran a solid mount on the drivers side and a stock mount on the passenger's?

Back in ‘91 when everyone was ripping the stock mounts apart there were a lot of ideas.
I don’t run my car very hard but with the fear of the motor flopping around under the hood i bought some napa replacements.
The replacement material was softer than the stock ones so I took them back.

Since “race cars” run solid mounts I had a welding shop make me some.

I installed the solid mounts and fired it up. While cranking, it sounded like the starter and flex plate were under the drivers seat.
Once it was running it sounded like it had open headers right off the motor. It was LOUD.
I drove it for a couple hours and changed them back as soon as I got home.

I did end up making an anchor off the back of the a/c mount with urethane shock bushings down to the crossmember, but will be changing to the RJC HD brace.

Hello. I've got mine in. After a lot of "up and down" from under the car. I do not have a lift. Haven't driven it yet. It's 23 degrees here today. However, "daylight savings" and the warmer weather are right around the corner. take care...

Attachments

• IMG_0579.JPG
    IMG_0579.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 179
Hello. I've got mine in. After a lot of "up and down" from under the car. I do not have a lift. Haven't driven it yet. It's 23 degrees here today. However, "daylight savings" and the warmer weather are right around the corner. take care...
The surface of the block where the bottom mounting bolt attaches the brace to the block is not perpendicular to the bolt. If you don't grind this area to make it perpendicular to the bolt,it will cause the brace to twist when the bottom bolt is tightened and the clamping load will be uneven. Since the top bolt is perpendicular and is bolted to the aluminum bell housing,the twisting force caused by the bad angle will be applied to the bell housing. It will break sooner or later.

Did you address this issue?

I have been running a solid mount on the drivers side and stock rubber passenger side and trans mount for over 30 years on my A body. Can't tell the difference between a stock rubber or the solid on the drivers side. Just wondering if anyone has done that with their LC2.

Lots of people have.

They usually switch back. Makes the car feel like it has a bad wheel bearing. You can see it in the mirror most of the time too.

If you are making big power use H&R mounts and the heavy duty brace. There was talk of a few guys breaking blocks where mounts attach . Mid plates are the next best thing

If you are making big power use H&R mounts and the heavy duty brace. There was talk of a few guys breaking blocks where mounts attach . Mid plates are the next best thing
I'm not sure if Bison was making reference to this or not, but he said something to the effect try to figure out a way to mount engine not so ridged though. The H&R motor mounts are heavy duty and doesn't allow any give, so the block is probably taking some major stress on hard launches.

I still have my RJC brace, I don't recall there being an option for heavy duty or light duty though. I'll take a look at it tonight, that is if my wife has thrown it in the garbage, like she did with my stock converter and some other parts.

I don't recall there being an option for heavy duty or light duty though. I'll take a look at it tonight, that is if my wife has thrown it in the garbage, like she did with my stock converter and some other parts.
When they first offered the brace,there was only one. Some time later they offered a second stronger one as well.
If I placed my torque converter on the kitchen table today it would still be there a month from now if I didn't move it and if I dusted it for finger prints,the only ones I would find would be mine.

We run 2 on Melissa's car. One on each side. With a Reid bell on the 2004r, made 2 plates to connect it to the bottom 2 bell bolts. Simple half ass mota plate.

She must be strong and would beat my wife's ass. Because mine couldn't even lift the thing!
She's strong as hell, she picked up the bare 3800 series II block. My wife isn't a fighter though, I'm the only person she's hit. Because I have high brow ridges, it's easy to cut or black my eye. Well I got two black eyes last summer, one accompanied with a cut.

We run 2 on Melissa's car. One on each side. With a Reid bell on the 2004r, made 2 plates to connect it to the bottom 2 bell bolts. Simple half ass mota plate.
What is on her car for motor mounts?