Canadian Owner Assistance

Darkstar72

Good morning neighbors to the north!! I have a pretty odd question, but I'm really hoping someone up there may have had a duplicate window sticker made for their car at some point.

I recently purchased and brought back into the states a 1986 T-Type that was a Canadian export and delivered in Old Mill Pontiac-Buick in Toronto, ON. I plan to show the car pretty extensively so I was getting all my factory documentation in order - just received a copy of the dealer invoice from GM Media Archives today. I then went to the last place I ordered a duplicate window sticker from, AAA Enterprises, but they can only reproduce window stickers for vehicles delivered in the US. So that sucks.

Are there any companies out there that can reproduce a window sticker for a Canadian vehicle?

TIA

Hello TIA,

I live in Canada & have a Canadian GN and never found a lead on where to get window sticker made up with Canadian specs. :(
I'll let you know if ever I find something. :)

Hello TIA,

I live in Canada & have a Canadian GN and never found a lead on where to get window sticker made up with Canadian specs. :(
I'll let you know if ever I find something. :)

I did end finding a company that was able to reproduce a very nice and accurate window sticker with what we had to use as reference material. The only thing that I have not been able to find is an actual image or copy of a factory window sticker for a GN/TR delivered in Canada. I have talked with lots of owners and folks that have been around these cars for decades and even they have never seen a factory produced window sticker for a Canadian delivered unit.

If you are looking to have a reproduction window sticker made up for your car I would suggest contacting Paul at Winvoices.com. He is a member on here as well and has a few posts floating around offering his services.

Dennis

I did end finding a company that was able to reproduce a very nice and accurate window sticker with what we had to use as reference material. The only thing that I have not been able to find is an actual image or copy of a factory window sticker for a GN/TR delivered in Canada. I have talked with lots of owners and folks that have been around these cars for decades and even they have never seen a factory produced window sticker for a Canadian delivered unit.

If you are looking to have a reproduction window sticker made up for your car I would suggest contacting Paul at Winvoices.com. He is a member on here as well and has a few posts floating around offering his services.

Dennis

Hey Dennis, I've been trying to contact GM media archives and see that their site is out of commission, is this a new thing or are they just having issues?

This one...

I have never tried to actually call them for anything. I have only filled out the form to request the vehicle invoice and emailed it back to them for processing. Then I've usually gotten my invoice back within about a week or two. What's going on?

This one...

I have never tried to actually call them for anything. I have only filled out the form to request the vehicle invoice and emailed it back to them for processing. Then I've usually gotten my invoice back within about a week or two. What's going on?

I try the link you sent and the webpage doesnt open, just a blank white page

That's what I get. Maybe our great President cut off Canadian access to this site LOL Possible website tariffs.

I can email you a copy of the order form that needs to be filled out and either faxed or emailed to GM Media archives to request a copy of the vehicle invoice. It is a $50 charge from GM Media Archives.

I tried attaching to this message for you, but apparently it will not recognize word documents to attach to the message.

That would be fantastic, what exactly do they do if you've used their services (as what does it provide)? I'll message you my email. Thanks again

That would be fantastic, what exactly do they do if you've used their services (as what does it provide)? I'll message you my email. Thanks again

Basically you're paying $50 to get a copy of the invoice that would have been generated after the car was built for whatever dealer ordered it. It will show any options that were ordered with the car, option codes, cost of those options, delivering dealer, what type of order it was (stock order, lease vehicle, customer order, etc.), and then will give you MSRP for the car. The invoice is NOT a window sticker.

Once you have the vehicle invoice you can contact a company that reproduces window stickers (I recommend Paul at Winvoices.com or your other option is AAA Enterprises. I will let you know that if this was a Canadian delivered vehicle Paul is your only option for a reproduction as AAA Enterprises only does US delivered vehicles.

Also...I sent you an email last night with a copy of the vehicle invoice for a different TR I used to have.

Basically you're paying $50 to get a copy of the invoice that would have been generated after the car was built for whatever dealer ordered it. It will show any options that were ordered with the car, option codes, cost of those options, delivering dealer, what type of order it was (stock order, lease vehicle, customer order, etc.), and then will give you MSRP for the car. The invoice is NOT a window sticker.

Once you have the vehicle invoice you can contact a company that reproduces window stickers (I recommend Paul at Winvoices.com or your other option is AAA Enterprises. I will let you know that if this was a Canadian delivered vehicle Paul is your only option for a reproduction as AAA Enterprises only does US delivered vehicles.

Also...I sent you an email last night with a copy of the vehicle invoice for a different TR I used to have.

You're the man! I really appreciate you taking the time to do that!

Not a problem at all. If I can save someone the time from bumbling around all over the interwebs I will do my best to help.