Canadian GN parts suppliers

BLOWNic

Hey,
I'm looking to see what my options are for Grand National parts suppliers north of the border. I'm looking to avoid the brokerage and duty fees that are involved with ordering parts from the U.S. Any information is appreciated.
Thanks
Nic

Depending where you are usually worthwhile driving to the border to pick them up. You are going to pay tax regardless.
Otherwise order in larger batches

Ask the vendor to ship USPS/Canada post. I almost never get charged duty with them . It's UPS and FED EX that are crooks.

I live near Niagara Falls NY. I have had people ship things here and they come down and pick there stuff up. I don't mind helping out.

I've sent many of my bumper fillers up North. Everyone of them was sent to a "storage" place or house, south of the border, to be picked up.;)

I've sent many of my bumper fillers up North. Everyone of them was sent to a "storage" place or house, south of the border, to be picked up.;)

Mike feel free to send product to my house for pickup by our Canadian friends. I'm 10 min from the Rainbow bridge and 30 min from either the Peace bridge or Queenston bridge.

I'm guessing there are many that don't have the go down and pick up option (yes there are many Canadians who don't live by Detroit, New York, Seattle, etc.) but I'm not complaining about that its just a fact of life. UPS and FedEx suck balls for us but I think for some sellers it is just easier to call the retards in the brown truck to come pick up orders.

What I will complain about is the way some vendors are set up -and I know its a relatively small community but two recent problems arose for me. First I stopped at a site to buy rims, filled out all info for account and shopping cart...went to pay and the major credit card was declined because it was a Canadian bank issued...oh well.

Second site I went to, I filled a shopping cart order for around 1k worth of stuff and then was directed to call to get shipping quotes...uhhggh. Both of these sites use the 2 infamous shippers but I was willing to eat it as I desperately need parts.

I ended up going to ebay to get the wheels and pay those ridiculous Pitney Bowes anal rape charges, however 1200 bucks whatever, the ease of ordering is what got me there. I wish there was a vendor that had an American Muscle type business model, it is so easy but I think the TR community has a guy by the balls due to rarity.

Mike feel free to send product to my house for pickup by our Canadian friends. I'm 10 min from the Rainbow bridge and 30 min from either the Peace bridge or Queenston bridge.

Heck!
I'm thinking we need to make you a vendor. :D

Mike B.

Trick I do is have stuff sent USPS and tell them to put down a Value no more than $200.It's a Gamble but works all the time and you don't pay for the BullShit...

I've used FedEx the last couple times I've ordered stuff and the brokerage is included in the shipping charge. You might still get stuck with duty but it still is cheaper than buying in Canada. With the US postal service I've rarely had to pay duty but no way to know if they are going to charge you. And by far UPS hidden fees are the worst.

Fedex International Priority includes brokerage clearance.
As a one or two day service it is very expensive but there are no surprises.

Yup UPS & FedEx Priority services usually include the brokerage charges which is nice, makes the freight seem high but once you factor in clearing charges, it's usually not such a heart attack and quicker delivery. Not sure about Purolator priority services as I've only used that within Canada.

Canada specific group buys have worked on other forms, ship them all to one or two places and have the members pick up from there.
Or your local speed shop/parts shop can usually get it, depends quite a bit more on the sales rep and effort for the parts you are after.

I made this offer before. If anyone wants to ship to my house and come down to pick it up I would be happy to help. At no charge of course! I'm near Niagara Falls. About 20-30 minutes from any of the 3 bridges. Peace bridge, Rainbow or Queenston-Lewiston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:D…That must be ME… My son and I (Vincent, Claude) bought two sets from you. It's cheaper for us to have them sent to a "storage" place like you said and go pick them up ourselves to bring them across the border. As for duty taxes, sorry but you gotta play them :rolleyes:, there's no way around them but like I said, if you pick them up at the storage place and bring them across the border yourself and pay the duty taxes, it's still cheaper than having them delivered to your door!

Claude. ;)

I made this offer before. If anyone wants to ship to my house and come down to pick it up I would be happy to help. At no charge of course! I'm near Niagara Falls. About 20-30 minutes from any of the 3 bridges. Peace bridge, Rainbow or Queenston-Lewiston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely appreciated. Many of us will have annual contacts with the warehouses, but there may be situations where you get taken up on the offer. Best you do a little research on the folks that take you up on this to protect yourself.

Got to agree with most of the comments here.

I have ordered from Kirban, Highway Stars, and others - always specified USPS/Canada Post and never had any issues or unusual charges.

I recently got a "Y" pipe and both over axle pipes from car id in New Jersey - they sent via UPS - shipping was $97 USD and UPS collected another $45 USD at my doorstep - original parts price was $187 USD for all three pieces. RIDICULOUS