Can someone check on Charlie?

This is upsetting. I picked up a 4.1 291 block from Charlie back in 2011 at his house. He was a wealth of knowledge and showed me all around his "special" Buick project he had parked behind the shed.
Wish he would have reached out for help before letting the demons "win". I've had too many good people in my life go down that dark path.....

thank you for the updates spool fool i was shocked to get the news and its been rough two days i cant even emagine how hard it is on greg and corky i charlie already he is/was a good dude a good teacher a good friend

TX 158.JPG
This is tough, but I want to share this

Guy, I just sent you a PM.

Call me. NOW!

Was your account hacked? Not the time or place

Absolutely agreed, Mike (spoolfool2) and I have talked.

My angry comments should disappear soon.

I've started a conversation with gnxsc2 to try and resolve the issue.

Charlie's condition, as of today: Still, not much has changed. They did some body function tests today. Tomorrow they'll be doing some tests on his brain. Charlie can have visitors. In fact, he's had lots. Many of his local friends have been at his side, day and night. Unless I learn something new, my next report will be tomorrow after work.

Let's keep this thread on track.

Last edited:
You are fine Guy, we all have our hearts and prayers in the right place. but some mad, some sad and some choosing to remember better times is just the different ways we all deal with things.

Thank you.

Please understand,

I apologize to the entire TB community for my outburst.

It's just that Charlie was to me, and like for so many others, a trusted advisor, a mentor, an educator and even though we never met face to face, someone I'm sure I could consider a friend.

Absolutely agreed, Mike (spoolfool2) and I have talked.

My angry comments should disappear soon.

I've started a conversation with gnxsc2 to try and resolve the issue.

During times like these, tensions can take the best of us.

No harm. No worries.

If Charlie were here you two would get a swift vacation though.

A year and a half ago a good friend of mine, Vietnam vet, did a similar thing. Unfortunately he got what he was seaking and God it hurts me so.

I'll never know why but I do know he was my friend.

I hope for the best for Charlie.
D