Can someone check on Charlie?

Here's a cool write up on Charlie helping out the Edmund's long term project Buick Grand National back in June 2013 with a road trip repair. The staff writer driving the GN described Charlie as " the nicest person I'll meet the whole time I'm in Texas"

Think it's the fifth write up down.
The article titled - 1987 Buick Grand National: repaired in Hillsboro Texas

http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/...national-long-term-road-test-maintenance.html

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

WOW! This is so crazy as I remember reading that article when it first came out. Had no idea it was CharlieF1! So, so, so sad as he was such a great guy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't know him on a personal level, but did notice his presence here over the years. His positive impact on people is clear and that speaks volumes of someones character. RIP Charlie and well wishes to everyone who was close to him.
sympathy_candle.gif

I wasn't going to post anything but it has been weighing on me heavily for awhile now and I usually don't get myself involved in public condolences for anyone but I feel I have to for Charlie.

The first thing I will say is, to Charlies family you have my deepest condolences and I know how you feel as I lost my father to the very same tragic circumstances.

Many on here don't know that Charlie and I did talk from time to time and as most would guess it was started when he stepped in and told me knock it off for something I did.

What most don't know, especially the ones who don't know me or have little patience for me know is that even though some administrators as well as members have issues with my posts or what I post Charlie was an honest guy that was there for you/me when you were right as well as when he thought you were out of line.

We had many talks since I've joined and I look back now wishing that I had been there for him like he was for me. He had my utmost respect even though we agreed to disagree some times and I know he felt the same way as he had told me so in his typical Charlie way.

I chuckle and wince at the same time when I remember him saying things like, you make it hard sometimes to like you but your always welcome to come down to my place and I'll fire up the grill and talk Buicks.

I've lost all the PM's since they locked his account so I can't go back and look at them but I have the memories of the times we spoke on the phone.

He was a great guy,friend and mentor to many. You will be missed by all that truly knew you Charlie.

Very sad news... I haven't been on here in awhile, but remember talking to Charlie a few times on the phone & he seemed like a really great guy who really enjoyed helping others... My heart, thoughts & prayers go out to his family & friends...

Many on here don't know that Charlie and I did talk from time to time and as most would guess it was started when he stepped in and told me knock it off for something I did.

What most don't know, especially the ones who don't know me or have little patience for me know is that even though some administrators as well as members have issues with my posts or what I post Charlie was an honest guy that was there for you/me when you were right as well as when he thought you were out of line

I agree. I never spoke with him but we did have quite a few exchanges thru PM.

Some were repremanding and some were agreeing but yet, in a respectful way, letting me know where I stood.

I didn't know him personally but I can say that if I ever met the man, I'd shake his hand and have a beer with him.

He was one of the good guys.

Unfortunately, he knew his time was up.

I can respect that.

D

I wasn't going to post anything but it has been weighing on me heavily for awhile now and I usually don't get myself involved in public condolences for anyone but I feel I have to for Charlie.

The first thing I will say is, to Charlies family you have my deepest condolences and I know how you feel as I lost my father to the very same tragic circumstances.

What most don't know, especially the ones who don't know me or have little patience for me know is that even though some administrators as well as members have issues with my posts or what I post Charlie was an honest guy that was there for you/me when you were right as well as when he thought you were out of line.

We had many talks since I've joined and I look back now wishing that I had been there for him like he was for me. He had my utmost respect even though we agreed to disagree some times and I know he felt the same way as he had told me so in his typical Charlie way.

I chuckle and wince at the same time when I remember him saying things like, you make it hard sometimes to like you but your always welcome to come down to my place and I'll fire up the grill and talk Buicks.

I've lost all the PM's since they locked his account so I can't go back and look at them but I have the memories of the times we spoke on the phone.

He was a great guy,friend and mentor to many. You will be missed by all that truly knew you Charlie.

This will be my last post about Charlie. It's been a tough 11 days since I got that 10:01 am email from a Charlie. I'm still just as raw today as I was then. I last spoke with him in Aug. he gave me a update about Corky as he wasn't doing good. Charlie was bitching about getting to old to be wrenching on cars. I told him he was to ugly to do anything else. He was a Hot Air guy,his dream was to have a 10.99 hot air Buick. That will be up to Greg now. There is Buicks all over Corky's land as well as many other cars. Charlie had a barn there that had more Biuck parts then I've seen anywhere other then Richard Clarks shop. What poeple may not know is Charlie was a school nut. He was highly educated, had well over 300 college credit hours. He had a gift for writing. That's why his 20,000 + posts were so good. Not only did he know what he was talking about he also could put it into words that a dumb ass could understand ( like me ). Charlie also was the glue that took care of Corky and all his land and houses. Don't know what in the hell Corky is going to do. Corky is in his middle to late 70's. He spend many years living off the land in Mexico years ago. The house he lives in now is nothing like I've seen before. It was build one room at a time. You would have to see it. Cool place. I ate there one nite, grill ribs, beef brisket, pulled pork. Was out of site, however he had no air conditioning, with all the cigarette smoke, whiskey drinking, food I don't know how the hell I even got back to the motel. Then had to drive back to Dallas to catch a plane back to SC the next day. Charlie was one hell of person, and I miss him, don't know how long it will take me to get over this, maybe never. I hope we as Buick poeple never again see something like this ever. Ray

I'm sorry I am getting the news so late. Charlie was there for me in the very beginning when 14 or 15yr old me joined the forum. He helped me Any way he could and scolded me when I parted my 84 out. We shared several phone calls over the years about different things I was doing and he was working on. I feel as if I never really thanked him for all the advice. So thanks Charlie for all the years of advice and friendship. Rest in peace.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

Charlie was a funny guy, I remember asking me about my grandmother and possibly setting up a date with her. Which is ironic, because my grandfather's name was Charlie.
Good easy going guy, always willing to help.
RIP my friend.