Can injector upgrade & chip swap change shift behavior?

Coelacanth

I recently upgraded from stock injectors to 60# injectors, and swapped an AXiS chip for stock injectors with a TT 5.7 chip for 60# injectors. Both chips are otherwise the same, 93 octane street chips for stock turbo, 3.5" LS1 MAF. The only difference would be switching to the TT 5.7 chip would lose the tuning functions of my AXiS interface. If it's relevant, I also replaced the plugs & wires.

I noticed under WOT, the transmission seems to want to make that last 3rd gear shift late, the engine seems to rev up to an unusually high RPM before the third shift happens.

Could this be related in any way to the injector upgrade/chip swap, or just coincidence/tranny wear? Should I maybe do the TV cable readjustment procedure? I'm doing a tranny fluid and filter change in the next few weeks. I'll go with Type F after reading through several topics on this.

The answer is maybe.

If you change the way the engine delivers power, then the torque converter will behave differently.

Though what you're describing sounds like more like 2nd is slipping.

It may make a difference depending on how much more power you are making. What converter are you running? How much higher in rpm? Is it shifting at the same speed?

Stock converter...the mods are in my sig. I would agree it sounds like the shift from second to third is slipping. I can work my way around an engine pretty well, but I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to transmissions--other than general maintenance. Does this slipping mean a tranny rebuild is imminent?

If it's just starting to act up a fresh filter and pan of new Dexron VI might be a good idea.

Don't forget to overfill it by one quart.

If it's just starting to act up a fresh filter and pan of new Dexron VI might be a good idea.

Don't forget to overfill it by one quart.
Thanks Earl, I've followed a lot of your advice on here and I'll go with those suggestions. :) This was also a good read:

https://turbobuick.com/threads/which-atf.387077/

And this PDF document linked there is worth a download. I'll check my TV cable adjustment while I'm under the car.

https://turbobuick.com/attachments/2004r_transmission_install-pdf.175981/

You check the adjustment on the top side of the car. It's the button on the throttlebody.

A lot of people like to set it, then add one more click. On my car that makes the off throttle downshifts, while slowing down, harsh as hell.

Thanks...I've adjusted the TV cable a couple times already, I'm just not sure if the TV idle position at the transmission is set correctly yet.

Stock converter...the mods are in my sig. I would agree it sounds like the shift from second to third is slipping. I can work my way around an engine pretty well, but I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to transmissions--other than general maintenance. Does this slipping mean a tranny rebuild is imminent?

Once it starts slipping, it's usually all downhill from there. They don't heal themselves. New fluid and filter may put off the inevitable for awhile and get you time to save up to have it gone through.

My car only has about 65k miles on it, but I'm sure the tranny will be needing a rebuild in the near future. :)