Can I fix this with just a rear bar?

northerngn

Master Monkeywrench
or will I need airbags too?
TWIST.jpg

Airbags can help. But the hr bar or similar will be the best choice. You will see a huge difference with the bar.

hr bar no bags
and no front bar

but it wont look as dramatic on the launch as in your pic the leftwheel is well off the the pavement but the right is still on the ground
with the hr bar the car will lift without twist at front and the rear bumper will remain level

hr bar no bags
and no front bar

but it wont look as dramatic on the launch as in your pic the leftwheel is well off the the pavement but the right is still on the ground
with the hr bar the car will lift without twist at front and the rear bumper will remain level

what was the et on that run and more importantly 60ft?

After several years of having an H&R sway bar on my car, I'm still disappointed with it. It might do it's job, but the car NEVER really 60ft.'d (1.48 -1.49 at best)...:rolleyes: . But most important TO ME is that the "fun factor" (leaving crooked, one wheel higher than the other much like in the initial post :D ) isn't there anymore...:( I wouldn't mind running a tenth slower...it just isn't as fun now as it used to be. I'm having the whole differential replaced right now and might decide NOT to reinstall the bar.
Everyone keeps saying that it's THE bar to have, well I don't understand...I guess I must be part of a very small minority who's not convinced.

Claude.

Dan, here's one of my slower launches from this weekend, footbrake and the ATR bar for comparison, no airbag just some better geometry....

Dan, here's one of my slower launches from this weekend, footbrake and the ATR bar for comparison, no airbag just some better geometry....

Het Troy!
Got any footage of a harder hit?
I am dropping the hammer around 18lbs of boost!

I wish, my "camera crew" didn't show up in time to catch any TT runs, this was first round elims. This was a 10-11 psi launch, 1st gear waaay too rich though--limited me to a 1.62 60ft. The 1.5xs were basically the same, except for a little more weight transfer than I was prepared for ;)

ATR and bags is what I run. I've had the HR bar with bags also, and it worked just as good, consistent 1.50 60' with either one and a low 11 high 10 second runs.

I ran the ATR bar for years with a passenger side air bag at 10 to 15 psi. 60's in the 1.4's. I now have the HR bar with air bags in both springs (to prevent squat). Car is straight as an arrow, 1.32 60'off 5psi foot brake. The HR bar is the better bar even for driving on the street.

Yes, you can fix that 100% with an AntiRoll Bar (ARB). There are a few types to choose from, Wolfe, H&R, etc.. Make sure you get one that has the thickest wall, there are some really cheap/thin ones out there, and is made from chromemoly..
Once it's installed you can ditch the air bags.

BTW, I LOVE the pic! I wish I was making enough power to launch like that and as mentioned above I would leave the ARB off just for the fun of it..
;)

ks

Putting a small block Chevy in will fix that. :confused:

Yes, you can fix that 100% with an AntiRoll Bar (ARB). There are a few types to choose from, Wolfe, H&R, etc.. Make sure you get one that has the thickest wall, there are some really cheap/thin ones out there, and is made from chromemoly..
Once it's installed you can ditch the air bags.

BTW, I LOVE the pic! I wish I was making enough power to launch like that and as mentioned above I would leave the ARB off just for the fun of it..
;)

ks

Yeah its fun but its tearing up the outer edge of my tires with the rear wheel trim...plus my little crack at the b pillar is a little longer now...