Can anyone tell me what to look for? Hydroboost donor vehicles for used parts.

Shomethamulah

wannabee
Times are tight! Can anyone give me a list of potential donor vehicles that will have all the parts I will need for a direct conversion? Please help! Have bad brakes that won't pass inspection and no money to fix a Powermaster. Gonna try to hit a few junk yards before trying to buy all the parts new or reman. Thank you!!

I cant advise any donor cars BUT you can buy all the parts you need to convert it over (just ordered mine) from most part stores (NAPA, Autozone, Ect). My parts were right at $220 AND everything is made to bolt right on, no guessing or hacking. Check out a thread of mine a few down.

I really appreciate the info.

My problem is really two fold. First I am very limited on funds and secondly, I am not very mechanically inclined and had hoped to find everything on a donor car so I could take it off and know exactly how to put it on. If I buy all the parts to do the conversion and just have a pile of parts, I may accidentally put something on wrong or with my lack of mechanical ability, may not even know where to put something.

If there is some sort of explaination, diagram or other info available relative to the specific installation of the parts so I don't screw things up, I will be glad to try and scrape the funds together to go the new/reman route. I was wondering, won't I have to replace the P/S pump?

$250's not a bad deal when you think about the cost of a complete PM setup. Is your PM craping out Dave?

Yep, she's going down. Just got all the part in today so I'll be trying to get it done over the next few days. No rush with the weather outside :)

Just get the New/reman Hydroboost setup....the parts will only go on one way. It would be tough to do it wrong. All you have to do is ask, and the guys here will walk you through it. As for the Powermaster...s**t-can it, or use it as a doorstop. :p ---Keith

Times are tight! Can anyone give me a list of potential donor vehicles that will have all the parts I will need for a direct conversion? Please help! Have bad brakes that won't pass inspection and no money to fix a Powermaster. Gonna try to hit a few junk yards before trying to buy all the parts new or reman. Thank you!!

Maybe if you listed your location correctly rather than "Out there somewhere" you might be able to find someone to help you with some parts and wrenching. I have a donor GN but nowhere close to "somewhere" !!!

Just get the New/reman Hydroboost setup....the parts will only go on one way. It would be tough to do it wrong. All you have to do is ask, and the guys here will walk you through it. As for the Powermaster...s**t-can it, or use it as a doorstop. :p ---Keith

I'll keep that in mind of trouble hits.

If moneys tight a vacuum booster brake conversion would be cheaper and easier to find the parts for

I would tend to agree about the Powermaster. They work great when they work, but when they don't that are expensive pieces of crap to fix.

I really want to do the Hydroboost setup, but am just scared to screw it up because I am not very mechanically inclined. That is the reason I wanted to look at a system on a complete and functioning system and take photos for reference before taking it off my self.

I really appreciate the feedback. Maybe I'll just have to take the chance and buy the stuff and hope for the best.

Maybe if you listed your location correctly rather than "Out there somewhere" you might be able to find someone to help you with some parts and wrenching. I have a donor GN but nowhere close to "somewhere" !!!

I am just outsiide of Richmond, VA in Central Virginia.

I was not looking for anyone to help me wrench and am pretty independent. I would always appreciate offers of help and would not likely say no, but that was not my expectation from making this thread. I realize most folks have families they need to work and take care of and that is why I had actually planned to do what I can as I can and can afford it.

I just appreciate anyones advice and the time they take to even respond to my thread.

If moneys tight a vacuum booster brake conversion would be cheaper and easier to find the parts for

I appreciate the info and that would probably be the easiest and cheapest route, but I have driven a friends car that had been converted to vacuum and definitely did not like the way the brakes felt on his.

I can take pics of my setup and walk you through the conversion. It's a piece of cake. I plan to do a "how-to" thread on the HB conversion....if I can find the time!!:eek: :biggrin: LMK if I can help. ---Keith

I might be mistaken, but doesn't Dennis Kirban take "acceptable" and complete Powermaster cores in exchange for a $100.00 letter of credit?

You can give me $100 for mine and then turn it in to Kirban if ya want. ;):biggrin: