Can anyone identify these wheels

souljasmooth

Ive had these wheels sitting in my garage for a couple of yrs. I took them off another GN I bought yrs ago. I tried to look them up but couldnt find anything. Owner of the car said they were rare and desireable. They are in decent shape as is, but was wondering if they are worth getting restored?

Attachments

• BBE75032-899A-4B9D-9830-37901032F457.jpeg
    BBE75032-899A-4B9D-9830-37901032F457.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 219
  • FE2F0B01-7DAE-48B7-84A1-DE678AA46FD1.jpeg
    FE2F0B01-7DAE-48B7-84A1-DE678AA46FD1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 200
  • C13B58EB-4A8D-4295-8110-3EC7540A1FF3.jpeg
    C13B58EB-4A8D-4295-8110-3EC7540A1FF3.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 154
  • 7ACABFB5-1260-480C-B420-FBF158C2C640.jpeg
    7ACABFB5-1260-480C-B420-FBF158C2C640.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 138
  • C5133E28-7C14-4CB4-82AF-B89BAA2AB8DC.jpeg
    C5133E28-7C14-4CB4-82AF-B89BAA2AB8DC.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 134
Ive had these wheels sitting in my garage for a couple of yrs. I took them off another GN I bought yrs ago. I tried to look them up but couldnt find anything. Owner of the car said they were rare and desireable. They are in decent shape as is, but was wondering if they are worth getting restored?

I believe they are work wheels. Jdm .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else know if these wheels are any good?
Work wheels are good... big in the Import/JDM Market... people put them on Supras... i know some of their newer wheels are $850-1000 EACH... dunno what those are worth but i would say worth saving.

How wide are they and are they light?

Work wheels are good... big in the Import/JDM Market... people put them on Supras... i know some of their newer wheels are $850-1000 EACH... dunno what those are worth but i would say worth saving.

How wide are they and are they light?
Im not sure how wide they are, but the tires that are on them are 255 and 245

So I sent the pics to work wheels, and they do not think its a work wheel. Anybody else know what these could be? They have the JWL stamp is all I can really see.

Might be worth something to the ricer crowd.

"JWL", Japan Light Wheel Alloy logo.
"JWL" (Japan Light Wheel Alloy) is a compilation of standards defined by the Japanese Government to ensure the vehicle's safety for aluminum road wheels. Every wheel put to market must be tested to meet JWL standards before a wheel can be put out to market in Japan.
These standards are generally accepted worldwide as acceptable for most road conditions. That is why you will see these marks on European and other Asian country wheels.
Japan Light Alloy Wheel Association, while maintaining close contact with their member companies, carries out research and technical studies concerning the manufacture, marketing and distribution of automotive light alloy wheels.
These activities also include market and technical research aimed at developing new demand for industry products plus many other related activities.
To achieve these objectives, Japan Light Alloy Wheel Association aims to improve quality of Automobile Light Alloy Wheel and promotes liability of their product in the Automotive-After market.
Major objectives also include the following
In order to maintain safety standards, supports the "JWL" and "JWL-T" technical standard and promotes "JAWA" VIA Registration System.
jwl logo 2

Im not sure how wide they are, but the tires that are on them are 255 and 245

You should be able to slide a tape measure through the middle and measure the overall width of the wheel (not the tire) and subtract an inch for the lips and come up with the wheel widths.

Going way back in the 90's, there was a high dollar, highly modified, very low millage GN that Jack Cotton had starting building years ago. The build was completed and the owner never would come to pick up the car. He would just call occasionally, send more money, and have more stuff done. Sometimes long periods of time would pass (maybe years) and Jack would randomly try to reach out to him.

It had those very same wheels and everyone loved them when they looked good. They were different from what others were using at the time. Most were using centerline, or pro-stars or something like that. I'm sure they were on the expensive side for back then.

reach out to him.

It had those very same wheels and everyone loved them when they looked good. They were different from what others were using at the time.

Sorry, but not everyone loves them.

I think they are BUTT - ASSED, RICER, ABSOLUTELY FRIGGIN' UGLY WHEELS, and I would never, ever, be one to sport them on a TR I owned. But that's just me. Sorry to be blunt, but whoa, those are ugly.

Too each, his own, I guess.

I see the owner doesn't have them on his car, either..........:)

Last edited:

I think they are BUTT - ASSED, RICER, ABSOLUTELY FRIGGIN' UGLY WHEELS, and I would never, ever, be one to sport them on a TR I owned. But that's just me. Sorry to be blunt, but whoa, those are ugly.

Well, It was a long time ago.:ROFLMAO:

Kurt Cobain wasn't dead yet. Some left-overs were still wearing acid washed jeans, some still had mullets, my girlfriend was just recovering from her Aqua-net withdraw...........But most of all, Japanese import cars were being used only for what they were worth. Economy temporary disposable transportation.

My admiration for them didn't last long. I wouldn't run those shits today! It's too hard not to get tired of wheels only minutes after putting them on. I think I was sick of mine only a week or so after mounting them. But it's too expensive to swap-up every 2 years or so.

Lol.....not my favorite wheels, but I thought they were alright.

Well, It was a long time ago.:ROFLMAO:

Kurt Cobain wasn't dead yet. Some left-overs were still wearing acid washed jeans, some still had mullets, my girlfriend was just recovering from her Aqua-net withdraw...........But most of all, Japanese import cars were being used only for what they were worth. Economy temporary disposable transportation.

My admiration for them didn't last long. I wouldn't run those shits today! It's too hard not to get tired of wheels only minutes after putting them on. I think I was sick of mine only a week or so after mounting them. But it's too expensive to swap-up every 2 years or so.
Do you recall the brand?

To actually answer your question, I tried looking online for about 30 mins for you. I even spoke to everyone about them. I couldn't find out anything. I highly doubt that they are Work., which you basically confirmed. I think the best thing for you to do is to go on some wheel only site like wheelwhores.com or find some other sites with some JDM fanatics and then ask them or at least try to get the name brand of them which you could probably do with the center cap logo.
They sort of look like a Japanese ARE to me. Back in the day I think it would be a nice change to see those on a GN instead of the played out Cragars and Centerlines that everyone had back then. Well at least everyone who didn't live within 200 miles of a city. I have seen much worse looking wheels than those. But I am really getting the feeling that they aren't that desirable if everyone doesn't know what they even are. I think today there are much better options out there for our cars and I wouldn't do anything to them until I found out what they were and if you could sell them.

The "E" on the center cap identifies these as Epsilon Wheels made in Japan.. Wheel offset is stamped on the rear of the wheel where it says "OFF." wheel width I believe is that JJx10 which would make the wheel pictured 10 inches wide. They are worth good money if you find the right person.

The "E" on the center cap identifies these as Epsilon Wheels made in Japan.. Wheel offset is stamped on the rear of the wheel where it says "OFF." wheel width I believe is that JJx10 which would make the wheel pictured 10 inches wide. They are worth good money if you find the right person.

Yup, those are definitely Epsilons.

Epsilon, Gotti, and BBS wheels were popular back in the 80s and 90s. I always remember seeing them advertised by Tire Rack in magazines like Car & Driver or Road & Track.