Cam sync code + xfi

434nova

Every once and a while I will get a cam sync error code on my edash. I notice it happens when I’m stalling up the car to build boost if I just let off the gas it will suddenly die and Throw the cam sync error code. I can start it right back up and it runs great without any issues. Have you guys ran into a similar issue. Thanks

Every once and a while I will get a cam sync error code on my edash. I notice it happens when I’m stalling up the car to build boost if I just let off the gas it will suddenly die and Throw the cam sync error code. I can start it right back up and it runs great without any issues. Have you guys ran into a similar issue. Thanks

What is your cam sync # in XFI?

Check the cam sensor for proper setting and wear..... roll pin, reluctor cup (screw loosens and then locating tab shears) , etc. If you haven't replaced the roll pin holding the gear on, do it as the pins wear and shear off and then you lose your oil pump and train wreck ensues.
Coincidentally I sell cam sensor kits if you need one.

Where would I find out what my cam sync is on the xfi? What should it be?
Thanks

Now I know why I would get a cam sync code every now and then. It was at 118.

Do you remember if to turn it clock or counter clock wise to lower lower the cam sync? Thanks

Just food for thought. I would be cautious about just turning your cam sensor, especially if it was installed properly. I would verify that the reluctor ring on the balancer is in the right location. You would be surprised to see how many are off. Put a timing gun on it and see if that is accurate, you might have to play with the crank ref angle and not the cam sensor. When your number gets close to 120, that's where the error code comes up because the computer is telling the injector to fire on the next cylinder. The crank is fixed, it can not move. The cam sync numbers jump around because of the slop in the timing chain and the mesh of the gears at the cam sensor.