Cam sync (*btdc) at WOT for Xfi

mzunino

I had my car out for some WOT hits and the Cam Sync reading was jumping between 2,3,4 then 118-119? Is this normal? Never noticed before & it seemed to be running good but saw it when looking at logs. Appreciate your thoughts here

Keep in mind there's 120° between cylinders. So the XFI wil report 118, 119, 0, 1, 2.... in that order. That being said, I would normally expect to see closer to 85° of you're using stock ignition

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response. It is stock ignition . A few questions
IS that reading indicative of a problem and what would cause it to read that high?

Reactions: MoZ
I would say you need to log it, but get it to 85 as cal said. If your cam sensor gear is wearing or your chain or both you will see in the log being very jumpy.

85 reported by XFI is 25 ATDC which is where we normally set cam sync. So, that's what you want regardless of cam

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

You can add cam sync to dash and view it live. If the engines running at idle it should not change much from its set point at wot unlesf your cam gear is wearing or chain is sloppy.

You can add cam sync to dash and view it live. If the engines running at idle it should not change much from its set point at wot unlesf your cam gear is wearing or chain is sloppy.
This is a good way to keep an eye on things before it becomes too late!

No since most were batch fire and the seq units only indicated the cam sync flag as 1 when active with slow response time.