cam sensor shimming

vacuum 6

I have chuckers
What's the required clearance for vertical movement?

I'm measure .035"

Attachments

• IMG_1761.jpg
    IMG_1761.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1763.jpg
    IMG_1763.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 107
I forget the person on this board that sells a complete rebuild kit . It comes with new bushings and shims and it actually balances it out which they didn’t do from the factory . I believe it’s just $60 . I’ll try and find the guys info for you if u are interested?

Are we measuring compression of the spring washer? I don't have clearance under the cup without compressing the spring washer near the gear.
Just rebuilding mine too. Thanks. Joe

I've read quite a few items on these I've never seen this measurement discussed just trying to keep up
That's a great link to Mr Nasty's info

Are we measuring compression of the spring washer? I don't have clearance under the cup without compressing the spring washer near the gear.
Just rebuilding mine too. Thanks. Joe

Measuring the clearance without compressing the wave washer.

If you're using a wave washer, you shouldn't have any clearance. That's the whole reason for having a spring there.

I forget the person on this board that sells a complete rebuild kit . It comes with new bushings and shims and it actually balances it out which they didn’t do from the factory . I believe it’s just $60 . I’ll try and find the guys info for you if u are interested?
I sell the kits. Was told that I should be a vendor so I stopped the post. Not paying 500/1k a year Id lose my azz

If you're using a wave washer, you shouldn't have any clearance. That's the whole reason for having a spring there.
That is incorrect, the feet on main cam sensor body can have/be worn completly away and can causes excessive clearance that wave washer wont counter.

I set end play clearance to .010 and call it a day. You can buy a shim kit for Chev distributors from Moroso # 26140

I set end play clearance to .010 and call it a day. You can buy a shim kit for Chev distributors from Moroso # 26140
This isnt the same thing. The shims you posted up pull the gear away from the cam by raising the cam sensor body via shims aka. altering the depth the gears mesh. Whats being discussed here is the actual wave and washers between the gear and feet of cam sensor body.

You can put these moroso shims anywhere you want. I put them on the bottom against the original shim and set the (vertical play) to .010. This is how I read the original post.

You can put these moroso shims anywhere you want. I put them on the bottom against the original shim and set the (vertical play) to .010. This is how I read the original post.
I did the exact same thing. Worked great.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk