Cam sensor setting on engine stand with volt meter

HUENEMEGN

I wanted to set my cam sensor on my engine stand . I have Casper’s tool that I bought over 13 years ago but never used it . I think the battery is dead . Tried to jump another 9v battery but had no luck . LED didn’t light up . Might of messed up the soldering or something pulling on it .
So is there a way to do it on the engine stand with a volt meter ? No engine harness or anything installed.
I’ve already put it @ 25 degrees atdc.

Any help would be appropriated . I’ve tried search but didn’t find anything

yeah, just use a hot 9v battery to hook up the + and - the probe the trigger wire with your DVM

That being said, if you set it on the stand, you won't be able to prime the oil system after it's in the car without having to do it again.

yeah, just use a hot 9v battery to hook up the + and - the probe the trigger wire with your DVM

That being said, if you set it on the stand, you won't be able to prime the oil system after it's in the car without having to do it again.

Do you happen to have a diagram of how I can do this?

I did prime the engine on the stand. Great pressure. I was thinking of setting the cam so I can just drop the motor in. Or do I need to re-prime the engine once its in?