caliper's , rotors , pads and drums ideas

COOPER12

So I am looking at doing my brakes and do not want to spend a ton of $$$ of aftermarket pricy stuff.
wondering if anyone has ideas of parts that are better than factory but can bolt on and interchange.
I want to keep rear drums .
are there any drums that are lighter but not the original aluminums .
front calipers better than stock but not to spendy , good pads?

I want her to stop better but she's not going to be making a ton of power.

Blazer brake upgrade gives you larger brakes and it's a direct bolt on out of a scrap yard.;)

Here is a picture of the LS1 vs Stock.

Attachments

• 1410036507243.jpg
    1410036507243.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 214
Would you mind listing which parts you had to get? Thanks

I purchased the Hubs and Spindle bracket from FlynBye.Com
$150 for Hubs/$75 For Bracket

98-2002 Camaro Rotors/Brake Pads
$70 on Ebay

98-2002 Camaro Calipers/Abutment Bracket/Banjo Bolts
$70 on Ebay

Wheel Nuts since the wheel studs on the FlynBye Hubs are 1-2"-20 Thread as oppossed to our M12-1.50 thread. $25

You cut the ears on the Spindle and Tap the two holes.
You reuse your brake line, just use the LS1 Banjo Bolts/Crush Washers.
I reused wheel bearings, just cleaned them up and added new grease.

Charlie will those Blazer rotors work with my 15" Ansen Sprints
It's mot just the rotors, it's the whole steering knuckle. The should fit inside a 15" rim without any issues. PM good2win22 about getting a pair. I know he's got 1 more set and doesn't need them.;)

thanks Charlie

I also found the whole thing on another site pretty cheep .
I read somewhere about needing a edelmann 3/16 to 1/4 inverted flare. not sure if thats needed but ill see if I can find one as well

thanks Charlie

I also found the whole thing on another site pretty cheep .
I read somewhere about needing a edelmann 3/16 to 1/4 inverted flare. not sure if thats needed but ill see if I can find one as well
Get a set of Russell brake hoses, part number 692100, off amazon, and it's a direct bolt on.;)

the LS1 brakes fit some 15" wheels- i ran Monte SS aluminum wheels for a few months after swapping the brakes on my Camaro... if in doubt, see if you could find someone local that has a 98-02 Camaro or Firebird and see if they would let you try one of your wheels on their car..

it's more work than the Blazer swap, but you wind up with better brakes...