cali. duster

jlat

Jun 3, 2009
hello people; Do you, have you or thought about using one? I have one and got mine out that's been in my basement. It's a bit smelly but I'm going to try it again. I used it and it's good for keeping pollen and dusty stuff of your paint but as a cleaner I don't know about that. My paint is not the greatest so I guess it don't matter.
IBBY

Warp6

Mine since '92
May 25, 2001
NC
I still have mine from around 1995! Works great. Sit it in the sun for a while to get the parrafin wax re-melted into the fibers. It kinda "reactivates" it

jlat

Jun 3, 2009
hello Warp6; I've had mine about the same amount of time. I used it on a clean car just to take the pollen off. How do you use it?
IBBY

Warp6

Mine since '92
May 25, 2001
NC
I'll use it for the heavy dust then finish with a lightly damp microfiber towel in my left hand and a dry microfiber towel in my right hand.

Reactions: Hahny

jlat

Jun 3, 2009
hello grass; You funny guy. I think I'm going to have to call the animal people about that.
IBBY

• Haha
Reactions: grass doctor

zapp240

Mar 17, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
I bought an original one and it is in the trash. It always left red lint on the car, then broke at the handle/ base joint, lol, I fell for the hype.

grass doctor

Sep 21, 2018
saint augustine fl
I use the tail of an American Mink that I killed in South Africa , it has a nice carved bamboo handle fashioned to it
thought you'd get a laugh out of that , but seriously my buddy uses one on his plum crazy road runner not a black car so not as critical as black but he keeps the cali duster realy clean slaps the dust out of it after every pass , read good and bad things on them

KC87

Feb 11, 2009
I bought an original one and it is in the trash. It always left red lint on the car, then broke at the handle/ base joint, lol, I fell for the hype.
Don't feel bad, Grass Doctor bought the Pocket Fisherman to go deep sea fishing on the way back from SA! o_O

• Haha
Reactions: grass doctor