Cables for power driver's seat

Trader history for BoilerDeez (0)

BoilerDeez

87 car, somehow the red and blue cables that drive the rear of seat up and down are broken. Anyone happen to have these, or know where i can get them? Thanks

Hunter Dog

We removed a power seat from a used 86. The seat motor made noise but nothing happened and all the white or clear colored plastic housing was dried up and broken, very brittle. So, we gave up on it and never tried to put it back in when we put in new carpet and recovered the seats. I believe we saved all the parts from this seat but again, it was not exactly in working order and crumbled basically upon removal. Let me know what you need for sure and I will try to get some pics by end of this coming weekend.

grass doctor

Dream Catcher
We removed a power seat from a used 86. The seat motor made noise but nothing happened and all the white or clear colored plastic housing was dried up and broken, very brittle. So, we gave up on it and never tried to put it back in when we put in new carpet and recovered the seats. I believe we saved all the parts from this seat but again, it was not exactly in working order and crumbled basically upon removal. Let me know what you need for sure and I will try to get some pics by end of this coming weekend.
86's are different from 87 ...at least the motor is ...they went to multiple motors for 87's I believe three of them vs just one...not sure if your 86 will work for a 87 setup....

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
What I know for sure is that 86's and older had a single motor with a plastic "transmission" which was prone to break apart due to the plastic drying and becoming brittle. The 87's had a newer track model with three separate motors. About repairing the '86 tracks, GBodyParts.com now sells the plastic transmission molded in a newer kind of plastic which will not break apart.
--> And about interchangeability from an '86 to an '87, the whole track assemblies can be swapped from one car to the other but not the parts themselves.
Hope this helps...

Claude.