C6 Z06 brakes and ATS spindles installed

T-CHRGD said:
On the Baer website it shows a SS4+ with a 13" rotor and parking brake. Check with Scot W. to see if it's available for the GN.

I have the BAER 13' rear rotors 2 pc with the SS 4 brake. So yes they do have it available. Just let Rick know what you want.

Thanks a lot guys,

Jeremy, It's good to hear from you again, hope everything is going good for you up in the midwest!

rmar, thanks for the info, that's probably gonna be what I end up with. Could you post a pic of what they look like? I'm gonna have to wait for a bit, I just started on my 4l80E trans swap project and looks like it's gonna hit the wallet pretty good again.

Paul

Paul, which calipers are you using? I have the stock C5 on mine. I have a 9" rear so things are a little different but are you planning to run 15" rims at all at the track? I had a hard time finding a kit for the 9" that would match big brakes up front and still clear my 15" wheels.

Paul, which calipers are you using? I have the stock C5 on mine. I have a 9" rear so things are a little different but are you planning to run 15" rims at all at the track? I had a hard time finding a kit for the 9" that would match big brakes up front and still clear my 15" wheels.

Jeremy,
I'm not a serious drag racer so I'm not as worried about the 60 ft time of my car. We have a nice road track 45 minutes away and they are now building the new Formula 1 track here in Austin so I probably won't be drag racing much anymore. Hence I won't ever need a 15" wheel again so I went with the pbr C6 Z06 6 piston brakes on the front, they pretty much won't work on anything less than an 18" wheel. For the rears, I'm trying to decide what to do, I wish I had an 9" like you do so I could just bolt up the matching Z06 rear 4 piston 13" brakes. I'm talking with Tobin at Kore3 to figure out a good bolt on solution to the factory rearend, however it looks like I may either swap the housing ends and axels, the entire rear end or get the baer kit that Ronnie has (very nice setup). If you want to run 15's in the rear, I don't know of any good options, you are very limited. I'd recommend looking at going to a 16" wheel and running the LS1 rear brake setup, it's very cheap and seemes like it would be a good compromise.

Paul

If you've got an 8.5" rear I can help you out on the 9" ferd rear Paul. I'm in Hillsboro which isn't that far from Austin if you feel like driving a little.:) Have you checked out the track/club in Cresson outside of DFW for road course driving?

If you've got an 8.5" rear I can help you out on the 9" ferd rear Paul. I'm in Hillsboro which isn't that far from Austin if you feel like driving a little.:) Have you checked out the track/club in Cresson outside of DFW for road course driving?

Charlie,
Are you talking about motorsport ranch? If so I have been there, its was probably 12 years ago though. I remember it being real nice, they even had a skidpad area. I know exactly where Hillsboro is, probably a good hour and 45 minute drive for me, not too bad. I'll PM you. Thanks

Charlie,
Are you talking about motorsport ranch? If so I have been there, its was probably 12 years ago though. I remember it being real nice, they even had a skidpad area. I know exactly where Hillsboro is, probably a good hour and 45 minute drive for me, not too bad. I'll PM you. Thanks
One of my customers is a member and I still need to get with him and go up there.:) The motorspor ranch is one of the few places in the country where you can let the car do exacly what it was designed for. Wish I'd been in Texas when it was built but I'd moved to TN and missed the begining.:( Still need to get hold of Lane and see how his STI is doing since the mods I did and make sure he hasn't had any issues with it.

I've been wanting to do this since I first put the wheels on in Feb 2011 and finally got it done. The old brakes just didn't do the Rushforth wheels justice. Any ways, this was a real simple installation bolt on swap thanks to Mark at SC&C and Tobin at KORE3. I used Mark's upper control arms to work with the ATS spindles that I simply bolted the brakes too. This setup supposedly pushes the track out about .25" so if anyone wants to do it, keep this in mind. Now I need to find a good solution for the rears! Anyone have any LS1 rears laying around? Also, KNSbrakes is almost giving these DBA rotors away, check them out, I got these for the same price as the OE stock junk rotors View attachment 158831View attachment 158832

I am doing the same conversion, but using blazer spindles, what hubs did you use if you dont mind me asking.

I am doing the same conversion, but using blazer spindles, what hubs did you use if you dont mind me asking.
The ATS spindles use the factory c5/c6 corvette hubs. Contact Tobin at Kore , he can help you out with whatever parts you need for doing a gm big brake conversion.

Paul

The ATS spindles use the factory c5/c6 corvette hubs. Contact Tobin at Kore , he can help you out with whatever parts you need for doing a gm big brake conversion.

Paul
Thank you so much for the response Tobin had been a great help, one quick question and perhaps noob question, by ats spindles do you mean ats cadillac?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hello people; Speaking of rear disk brakes. A member here said that he used a rear set up from a 02 Firebird. I tried a search and found nothing but IMO a OEM set up is cool .
IBBY

There will be no finding those ATS spindles in the junk yard, lol. Sooo I will be doing the same as Geezy... using my Blazer spindles, and buying the abutment brackets, and calipers from KORE.

There will be no finding those ATS spindles in the junk yard, lol. Sooo I will be doing the same as Geezy... using my Blazer spindles, and buying the abutment brackets, and calipers from KORE.
Im doing c6 calipers, what are you going with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk