C6 Vette 18X9.5 wheels on a Regal

novaderrik

has anyone done it? i just picked up a set of the aftermarket repro C6 Z06 18x9.5" wheels to put on my 86 Camaro, and i thought maybe someone out there has put some of these on a Regal or GN.. they have a LOT of backspacing- 7.5"- so some thick adapters would be needed, but i bet they would look killer if one was to also upgrade to bigger brakes. maybe when i order the adapters for the front of my Camaro i will bolt 2 of the wheels on one side of the Regal and see how they look..

lxQa5oG.jpg

Love these wheels on 3rd and 4th gens but not so much on a gbody. I think the gbodys need a dished wheel. Not a fan of flat faced wheels on these cars. Again that's just my opinion. Plus as you said it would take big wheel spacers or adapters. I think Conrad has a set of vette wheels on his car come to think of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some tire size info would help as well.
Here are some photos of some TR's with Vette wheels.
The first is mine at the '90 GS Nationals with 255/50 & 16x8.5 w/ 1.5" adapters/ spacers.
I have 255/40-17 on the front w/ 8.5 wide wheel, 4 7/8" backspace and 285/40-17 on the rear w/ 9.0 wide wheel, 4 5/8" backspace.

On the rear, with the extra 1/2" to the outside, 4 3/4" backspace should work (2 3/4" adapter/ spacer) and still clear the fender lips if not rolled.

On the front I think 5" backspacing would be the max (2 1/2" adapter/ spacer), but not sure.
255's on the front seem to be max without the GNS performance fender patch mod without rubbing.

Check out the Oficial tire and wheel- show them off sticky, find a comfy chair as it's 50 pages long.

These are posted in the "Turbo video's and picture library" thread towards the bottom of the forum in the Miscellaneous section.

IMG_3397.JPG

IMG_3398.JPG

IMG_3399.JPG