C16 with alcohol injection

humberto

Hey guys anyone ever try to use there alcohol injection with denatured alcohol with haveing C16 race fuel in the gas tank?Im thinking that would be a potent mix at the track?

i'm sure it can be used but why? c-16 has more than enough octane to supress detonation.

Hey Matt87 not sure why it just crossed my mind and was wondering if anyone had tried this. :) I know c16 is amazeing stuff to run but i was guessing the alcohol would be iceing on the cake on a hot day at the track.:D

It would probably hurt more than help. Pure C16 is hard enough to burn as it is, the alky might put the flame completly out.

mixture

How about 50/50 mixture of 93 and 116, then spray a good dose of methanol. Works for me. With 25 psi and 25 degree chip.
NGK UR-5 gapped at .032. Have not had any problem lighting the fire with a type II coil.

lets see, 50/50 93 and 116 gives us 104.5 at a cost of about $5 per gallon + the alchy? (what does that stuff cost per gallon of gas burned?)

I would think some good old 107-110 would be cheaper and better.....if you start with 104 octane, what can alky do?

all this mixing makes me nervous in my old age:)

using strait alchy, with c16 will make you run very very rich!
i have had more then one conversation with Steve yaklin about this topic. c16 has never come up as i plan on never running alchy with c16, but he contends you will never run well with strait alcky you need meth. and water. i am starting to believe him the more i talk to him.

i would not do it. just run 16 and call it good! if you need to run more then that your a top fuel car!:D

Dathan

alky

That my story and my et slips say I/m sticking with it.
93--$1.60
116--$450
Methanol--$2.00
I didn/t say this was simple--if so every one would be doing it.

91 octane in Az = $1.79 (oops, $1.99 for 91......)

116 octane = $8.00

where can you get 116 for $4.50?....send me 200 gallons

Actually I just paid 4.30 for 116 here in central IN. Maybe your gas vendor just saw you coming and doubled his profit.

i cant even buy 110 cam2 for 4.50 a gallon here in RI. vp c-16 is 7.75 a gallon locally and at leat 8 at most tracks i've been to.

Hey Woody, I can get ya a 55 gallon sealed drum of 114 for ~$242....good stuff too! Might be one hell of a road trip from AZ. to pick up a bomb for the bed:)