C clip for actuator waste gate

I carry them in the car. I have a load of them if you want me to just mail you one or two. I think my Winzer supplier gets them for me.

I used the Dorman 41017 kit. Granted ya don’t need most of them but it’s cheap & more than likely available locally.

Worked perfect for my wastegate actuator. Plus way easier to work with than the Jesus clip.

Just use an alligator clip.

1659126823334.png

I lost mine years ago.
I took a small piece of 14gauge copper wire (household wiring with the insulation stripped off of it) and bent it around the groove in the end of the swing valve stud with needle nose pliers. It held up for many years and was re-usable. (It was easier to find once dropped on the garage floor also!)

ENJOY!!!
- Jerry

Thanks everyone. I do not want to use alligator clips. Looking for the replacement E clips that are used on the down pipe.

Might be worth checking you local hardware store. ACE Westlake and Bomgarrs here locally carry these in their bulk fastener area. Usually there is an isle that has random stuff like this.

Garrett part # 400702-0018 is what you want.

Any Garrett dealer or turbo diesel shop....

might be easier to contact Limit Engineering to ask Chopper to send you some =>>> https://www.limitengineering.com/

(everyone has their favorite shop. you get the idea...)

in the meantime, hardware stores have e-clips which work fine - home depot, lowes, menards, ace, ect. Find them in the pull out drawers, probably a couple in a bag for less than a buck. a couple years ago I grabbed some for a member to have as extra... two for $0.78.

The good ol' reliable roach clip! ;)
Mine had a lanyard on it so I didn't lose it.

Go out to Home Depot and pick up some push on clips. Like the ones they use on R/C cars to hold the body on. Work great.