Buying a bike, okay "bicycle", anyone here familiar with what's new?

Knobby tires add resistence and make it harder to ride
and
SOFT F@*#ng seat helps to:D :D :D

I did a good bit of road riding when I was in college, so I know about the helmet necessity. That's been a while though and the one I have is a "bit" outdated. Hardshell, looks like a half of a cannonball on your head. The new ones are a lot less intrusive looking.
We're thinking that we will both get the beginner mountain bikes and start hitting some trails after we get acustomed to riding again. There are a decent number of bike trails around, and it'll be more fun than just roads all the time, when it's just the two of us. Looks like that 4300 is the way to go for now.

Hey, buying a new bike is a very hard task. I also purchased a bike 6months ago at that time I was so confused about which bike I had to choose or which bike is perfect for me. Then I checked the road bikes buying guide on the Internet and they had such good information about bikes and suggest after that I had not any doubt and then I purchased a bike for myself and I am very happy with the decision.

Hey, buying a new bike is a very hard task. I also purchased a bike 6months ago at that time I was so confused about which bike I had to choose or which bike is perfect for me. Then I checked the road bikes buying guide on the Internet and they had such good information about bikes and suggest after that I had not any doubt and then I purchased a bike for myself and I am very happy with the decision.
You bring up a thread from 2003 on bicycles. Ya Ok. No posts, just this. Time for Chuck to lay down the smack.

Keep an eye on that guy. See what's his next post is.

This is my "usual" one.... 👁️
May have to use all 3in this situation!;)
Just checked his IP addy. He has 2.

There is no perfection
A rider adapts to his bike and terrain.
I have alot of bikes for different kinds of riding and how fast I want to ride on what in riding😎
The new bikes are awesome and can handle the terrain easier and faster with less impact shock on the body and the drivetrains are incredible from smoothness and precision and gear slip.
Shock adjustments,weight, balance,braking, bike geometry has never been better.
I am expert rider and couldn't be happier with the newer stuff.

I still have a Raleigh Chopper, Ross Apollo and a vintage Diamond Back II hanging in my garage :coffee:

Pk ripper, haro, diamond back, mongoose, redline, all the cool kids had em back in the 80's.. joke was on them though I had a team Murray, track certified, even said it on the nut sack frame pad :geek:

Old fart reminiscing;)
Mine was a 26" Schwinn with a tank, lite, horn, luggage rack, AND knee action "suspension!
Took a yr and help from my grandpa to swing it..$25.00 was a LOT of pop bottles, shoeshines and grass cutting in 1948!!
Our trails were the sidewalks until we moved to "the country". Then it was the "old hard road" and lots of dirt roads.
The only bike I ever had. Times weren't the greatest, but one hell of a lot better than today's world.
DAMN! I'm old:LOL:

I have a zillion dollars worh of bikes in my garage. 2 Pinarellos, 2 Blues, a road tandem, couple of mountain bikes and an old steelie Schwinn I bought to restore one day. Havent ridden any of them in at least 5 years.

My older brothers had Apple crates and Schwinn Cotton Pickers and the other cool colors of that model bike, i moved on to motocross soon after 1981 and left the pedaling behind

Pk ripper, haro, diamond back, mongoose, redline, all the cool kids had em back in the 80's.. joke was on them though I had a team Murray, track certified, even said it on the nut sack frame pad :geek:
Cant forget the Quad-angle, think it was made by PK-ripper, crazy design looking frame

Yes good pull! What was up with the "z" rims, did they warp & bend back into shape or something?.. I was a dork use to paint the the tire letters white and find a newly sealcoated driveway to skid on, could get the squeeling sound that way, then find some road side sand to peel out in

I think she's still got an 11 minute quarter mile left in her. :cool:
IMG_0503.JPG

We called that a "nad pad"! :ROFLMAO: I had a teal Mongoose Decade with a spin tec gyro and white skyway mags with bulldog brakes...pretty much felt like a king on that bike even though all I could do was bunny hop(tried frame surfing but was too chicken to stand up).