Buyer caution on Pittsburgh Grand National

87BLKGN

Hey everyone,
I want to caution any potential buyers on an 87 Grand National.
The car is in the Pittsburgh section of craigslist, the car is from Charleroi, Pa advertised as a beautiful, rebuilt engine, 70k mile car.
Wanting 20k for the car.
I have seen the car in person and have ran a car fax on the car to find out this car is indeed a 170k car.

The owner is aware and still post the car as 70k mile car.

I don't want anyone to get burnt on this sale, please check car fax first to verify for yourself before you consider purchasing this car.

Okay 87BLKGN! May want to post in the north east/ regional section.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:
He already knows and knew before he posted the car the car had rolled over, still places ad under false statement,
When confronted,
Story comes out he got burned on this car from purchasing it from a guy in Florida, he was warned not to buy it, the mileage was incorrect, he chose to still purchase it.
He researched and found mileage incorrectness was true,
Does not mention it, knows car is worth half his asking price now.
Not being able to deal with the loss, he chooses to remain silent on the mileage in hopes the next guy will see a shiny car and never question the mileage.

He already knows and knew before he posted the car the car had rolled over, still places ad under false statement,.........

That would be his problem, as false mileage when selling a vehicle is a Federal crime which would be a felony since records prove that in this case?

That would be his problem, as false mileage when selling a vehicle is a Federal crime which would be a felony since records prove that in this case?

I just "fired a shot" across his bow...:smug: Let's watch to see if he does the right thing..

I just checked it's still up, there's also another buyer beware caution on Craigslist about it.

Show me a GN with legit odometer and I'll show you a unicorn.....

I have seen 100,000 mile cars look better than 40,000 cars. You might as well be blind to buy a car based solely on odometer reading.

Not saying it's ok to falsely advertise but 99% of GN odometers have been rolled over or rolled back...

With all due respect. That's an odd blanket statement. See my sig., my signature is not a solicitation for sale of my car. Technically you are correct in my case my actual miles is 19xxx as I've driven her a bit since updating my signature. I have all original documentation and car fax or the like will support my mileage. I have video in YouTube with over 120k views showing me taking it out of the barn it sat in for 18 years.
Let me know what other support you'd like to demonstrate the accuracy of my odometer reading. Original tires that were on the car when I took her home? No problem. Original bumper fillers, sure thing. Original brake shoes, still in car. I think blanket statements like yours are not helpful for people like me and my car's former (original) owner who place value on the authenticity of our cars.
Joel

You can tell the bumperfilllers are original, they are cracking! LOL

do not ever base your opinions on information derived from car fax,
I have personal knowledge, and experience that car fraud is extremely inaccurate!.
and down right wrong, in two experiences with them, both were fraudulent. and resulted in monetary
losses,
I successfully filed a lawsuit against carfraud, and won, ( how else would I afford a GNX?)
so before you open your mouth, ..... realize the information your getting, is extremely unreliable ( if using carfax)

I have seen 100,000 mile cars look better than 40,000 cars. You might as well be blind to buy a car based solely on odometer reading.

Not saying it's ok to falsely advertise but 99% of GN odometers have been rolled over or rolled back...
Where's that unicorn? :) At least mine is legit, but I'm fortunate that my father bought the GN new in '86 and I bought it from him. Buying a used GN with questionable ownership and driving behaviors is a scary thought, though.

That's fine in all, but when the owner car faxed the car himself and knew the mileage was indeed rolled over and still "chose" to list the car as something it's not, is plain wrong. No matter how you slice it, Plain and simple.

That's my problem with it, I'm sure there are GN's that had the clock rolled back and what not, but when you have proof.....
Makes it a problem

Before I purchased mine, I spent the money to get a car fax to see if the mileage jived to what my car said it had.

If there is no records, then it's anyone's guess.

My point is it's in Black n White, and he knew!!!

Period

do not ever base your opinions on information derived from car fax,
I have personal knowledge, and experience that car fraud is extremely inaccurate!.
and down right wrong, in two experiences with them, both were fraudulent. and resulted in monetary
losses,
I successfully filed a lawsuit against carfraud, and won, ( how else would I afford a GNX?)
so before you open your mouth, ..... realize the information your getting, is extremely unreliable ( if using carfax)

The report on his car is legit if your referring to me about opening my mouth.
The first report on the car is 1991. Odometer readings is 64k
1995 the mileage reads 24k
1996 135k
1999 157k
And it keeps goin up, then magically in 2015 when the was purchased by the seller on Craigslist,
Now it has 72k miles on it.

I've seen the car fax first hand.

In "this" case, it's makes perfect sense, the car rolled over, he knows and knew, does not state the fact, does not even say mileage discrepancies.
When called out on it, walla!!!!
Now the post magically disappears.

He's wrong, and there's no excuse, no "well maybe", there's nothing.

Done!

Actually his ad stated that the odometer reads 78K, which is accurate.

What he conveniently omits is that there SHOULD be a #1 in front of the 78K.