Bumper Fillers

OE rears are now discontinued.. so your only choice is aftermarket.

I have heard good things about Danko Reproductions, but have no experience with any of the aftermarket fillers.

Might check with Brian @ Gbodyparts, he sells them all.

HTH

I got mine from Danko Reproductions, they're fiberglass, and fit great on my car (front and rear) Their customer service is as bad as it gets, so if someone else already has these on hand (maybe gbodyparts.com?) it would be wise to order it from them and not Danko directly.

I have a list of dealers across the country that still have the OEM front fillers as well as a minimal amount of OEM drivers side rear fillers. I just bought a NOS passenger side rear filler from ARS in New Jersey, price, $349.00. They have the left side rear filler and it is now going for $419.00. These babies are going up in price constantly. Poston's quoted, committed and charged my account on Jan. 2, 2009 for both rear OEM fillers for $ 658.00. They since informed me the passenger side was discontinued and I'm still waiting for a credit of $329.00. Their order for the drivers side filler was received last Friday, and I should get the filler in a day or two. They are dragging their feet because they realized their suppliers raised their prices. They are out there, but, unfortunately, greed is also.
I bought the Danko's and returned them. To me, they are flimsy, and don't have any tabs to attach to the car. Autobody Fillers USA's are ABS plastic, pictures look good, but who knows? Tony Tauk on E-bay just sold a rear OEM set for, I think, $768.00. GNVEE6 on E-Bay has had some good listings lately.
Best of luck to you.
PS: Hopefully, in a day or two I will finally be in possession of ALL OEM fillers, including the front center for my '87.:)

gbodyparts.com/index.php?cPath=46_22_26&osCsid=32be0f7eaae2242d44866cfbd790b9bb

that should solve all problems ^^

That Time of year. I think we sold 25 sets 3 weeks in a row.

BTW Autobody Fillers USA's is now closed as of 2/1/09. Scott has left the building LOL

Autobody Fillers USA is open

I contacted Autobody Fillers USA by email regarding their closing. They are not closed.

I need fillers but can't afford them due to unemployment. But, Autobody USA is where I want to get them.

Anyway, Autobody Fillers USA's reply:

--- On Tue, 2/24/09, Autobody Fillers USA <autobodyfillersusa@yahoo.com> wrote:
QUOTE:
From: Autobody Fillers USA <autobodyfillersusa@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: in business?
To: rangelov@sbcglobal.net
Date: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 8:58 AM

Hello. We are definately NOT closing. We are doing well
and are going to be around for a long, long long time.

Good luck in the job search, and spread the word, that you
heard it here, we are alive and well.

I dont know who starts rumors, or why, but if you come
across anymore sites with this or any negative information
about please would you do me a favor and drop me a note? I
really appreciate it and can maybe help you out when you are
ready to shop. Just remind
me of this conversation if I forget. If you help us, we
can help you. Thanks again.

END QUOTE

I did a little research. It looks like the Dankos (http://www.dankoreproductions.com/) are fiberglass and the Autobody Fillers USA (http://www.autobodyfillersusa.com/) are ABS.

There is also S & K Bumper Fillers (http://www.sandkindustries.com/), construction unknown.

It appears that Autobody Fillers USA doesn't have front fillers for 1984-1987 GN/Regals anymore.

Bweavy is selling both fiberglass and ABS fillers and has 1984 -1987 fronts in ABS.

The pricing from these sources seems to be pretty close to each other. In general, the fiberglass fillers are less expensive than ABS fillers.

I like ABS because it is somewhat flexible and is a tough material.

HTH, Dimitar

Fronts still available at GM for $77 a piece. Rears, I went with ABS off ebay. Look and fit just fine.

I know the backs are the same for the 83 but are the fronts?

It depends on the supplier. They usually have different part numbers. Some suppliers have have "one fits all" part. I don't know what the difference is. I don't know if there really is a difference.

I contacted Autobody Fillers USA by email regarding their closing. They are not closed.

I need fillers but can't afford them due to unemployment. But, Autobody USA is where I want to get them.

Anyway, Autobody Fillers USA's reply:

--- On Tue, 2/24/09, Autobody Fillers USA <autobodyfillersusa@yahoo.com> wrote:
QUOTE:
From: Autobody Fillers USA <autobodyfillersusa@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: in business?
To: rangelov@sbcglobal.net
Date: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 8:58 AM

Hello. We are definately NOT closing. We are doing well
and are going to be around for a long, long long time.

Good luck in the job search, and spread the word, that you
heard it here, we are alive and well.

I dont know who starts rumors, or why, but if you come
across anymore sites with this or any negative information
about please would you do me a favor and drop me a note? I
really appreciate it and can maybe help you out when you are
ready to shop. Just remind
me of this conversation if I forget. If you help us, we
can help you. Thanks again.

END QUOTE

If what I was told by Scott (who I had been dealing with for years) Auto body fillers USA was his company & is a subsiderary of another company . With all the crap that goes on who knows. Maybe they bought Scott's business out. I'm just telling you what I was told by from him directly.

I wouldn't say some one is out of business if he didn't tell me himself.

AutoBodyFillers new owners

I just recently bought two rear bumper fillers for my brother's '87 Regal. I was dealing with Scott. During the transaction, I was contacted by the new owners, Sheryl and Todd, husband and wife team. Sheryl informed me that my money order just arrived as Scott informed her, then I was informed that Scott left to seek other ventures, and Shery/Todd bought the company and was in the process of relocating. She assured me my bumper fillers were being shipped the next day. They were. They arrived in great shape, made of ABS plastic. Primed and ready for paint. I was very impressed. The day they arrived, I had a serious question that I wanted to ask about the fillers,(needed flex agent or not, fitment problem) thus I e-mailed Sheryl Friday night. I didn't think I would hear from them until the following Monday. Saturday morning, just as I was leaving to take the fillers up to my brothers' (200 mile round trip) Todd called us and answered all my questions about the fillers.:eek: He wanted to make sure that I was happy and had no problems with them. I was so impressed he would take the time to call me the very next day on Saturday, thus I was able to give the answers to my brother later that day. If any of you need their new address and phone, let me know. I will happily supply it to you. These two new owners are teriffic. And very kind, caring. The bumper fillers were well made and sure made my brother happy. He wants to order a front set soon.
Been away for a while, my Mom needs caring, very sick and this damn computer is screwing up.:mad: Been trying for a while to make it run right again, partially suceeded.:rolleyes: I'm just a mechanical engineer, not a computer guy.:smile:

OEM or Plastic/Fiberglass bumper fillers

I forgot to add that you have to take in consideration of how much damage you can do to your front/rear fenders if you use the Fiberglass or ABS plastic bumper fillers. The OEMs are designed to absorb a small impact by the bumpers,collaspe and hopefully not damage your fenders. The fender areas are very expensive to fix if damaged. Thus the reason the fillers from the factory are made of rubber. The absorb impacts from the bumper without much damage to the fenders. Fiberglass and ABS will transfer some of that kinetic energy back to the fenders and other areas they ram into causing a lot of damage before they break themselves. You have to decide how much of a chance you want to take with getting a little hit from some jerk in the parking lot.:mad: It's taking a chance using anything other than OEMs, I realize they are really expensive (rears mostly) I did choose OEMs fronts from Glen at NOS4GN, but when I have to replace the rears, I'm going with ABS from AutoBodyFillers. I just can't afford the outrageous price of the rear fillers, sorry. Owning a Grand National doesn't mean I'm rich, it means taking chances ( parking lot bumps, jail time, speeding, racing the cops, racing anything, quick take offs like an idiot, the screaming turbo, loud exhaust, in other words "breaking the law, breaking the law". Member that song?:redface:

I know the backs are the same for the 83 but are the fronts?

NO, they are not the same. They are different where they meet the grille.