Bumper Fillers - which ones and why?

Darkstar72

I am in the market for some rear fillers after a high pressure car wash this weekend was the death nail for my passenger side rear filler. I should have known better, but was too tired this past weekend to hand wash it for a show on Sunday.

Anyway...I'm about 80% sold on using the one piece fiberglass SpoolFool filler after hearing so many great things about it, but wanted to hear any others that have tried either G Body parts fillers, etc. No matter which way I go I will need to send them out for paint as my car is not black.

OK. Spoolfool it is!!

Spoke with the gentleman that will be doing the painting and fitment and he stated to go with the one piece SpoolFool as he has painted/installed a few of these on local guys cars. It also helps that he is a Turbo Buick guy himself. He is even charging a very fair price to color match/paint/install on the rear. Looking forward to getting this all done real soon.

I had to get both new front and back and put a lot of research into it. Went with the original ones from G-Body for the score. Perfect match for the factory ones since are made from the original dies but material is way better quality from what was used back then. Absolutely perfect fit and easy install too. Not saying the Spoolfools are nice but always figured there's a good chance of them cracking if you slightly tap something with the bumper, after all they are fiberglass. Yes, they still look mint.

I've had both. Both are great and you can't make a bad choice between the two, just comes down to personal preference.

Thanks guys. :cool:

My bumper fillers are proudly made in the USA by surfers, hippies and skydivers.

Happy Spooling.
Mike Barnard

Last edited:
I went with Spoolfool one piece rear because I like the look better of the one piece design versus the factory 2 piece. I'm lucky enough to have a distributor for these pieces right down the road, picked it up 2 weeks ago, and just had it painted/installed this past weekend. Looks amazing!! I will try to get up some pictures soon.

I'm getting ready to install a full set on a clients car this weekend. It may be difficult to do because mike keeps sending me pictures of himself lounging in Maui.

DCA54B93-4719-4F34-B5C0-F441F85B2768.jpeg
8078C522-A499-470C-B9A8-111926C7FAAC.jpeg

I'm getting ready to install a full set on a clients car this weekend. It may be difficult to do because mike keeps sending me pictures of himself lounging in Maui.

Whatever happened to the install pics? I sent you Hawaii pics. :cool:

I am in the market for some rear fillers after a high pressure car wash this weekend was the death nail for my passenger side rear filler. I should have known better, but was too tired this past weekend to hand wash it for a show on Sunday.

Anyway...I'm about 80% sold on using the one piece fiberglass SpoolFool filler after hearing so many great things about it, but wanted to hear any others that have tried either G Body parts fillers, etc. No matter which way I go I will need to send them out for paint as my car is not black.

Spool fool. Is very nice. But expensive. I was charged $375.00. I should have. Asked the price first
Beautiful product. But comes with a hefty price. Hope this helps