Bumper fillers install from Danko Recreations

Well my fellow GN gear heads, today I got the fillers installed on the car thanks to my good friend Jeff who was kind enough to stop by and give me a hand. I have to say that they came out very nice and for the money they are great. I will post some pics that I took but a video will follow of a step by step install and what to look for and how to make it trouble free.
I'm not a body man so we took the time to make sure we drilled the holes at the proper locations, most places had indentations where the holes should be drilled, after fitting them I took the pieces to the body shop to get them painted in the 19U black paint code that was on the cowel.
Once I got the pieces I had to fit them again and open up the holes a bit to really make sure they were flush with the fenders up front and quarters in the back of the car.
Make sure you tape the lights in the back of the car to the top of the trunk opening, don't let them hang down since the need to fit behind the fillers in an indentation so they don't get pinched.
VERY IMPORTANT..You have to make sure you don't scratch the new fillers when you put the bumpers back on, what I did was put blue painters tape on the fillers and use a few extra hands to hold the bumper while I tightened up the 8 nuts that hold the bumper on. I made a few scratch marks where the bumper was before I removed it but you def have to make sure the bumper doesn't touch the filler, it will remove the paint in an instant since it has very sharp edges. I noticed that the front bumper had a lot of room to move side to side and up and down compared to the back bumper which had more up and down room but not much side to side. So the up and down movement of the bumper is the dangerous one…if you let the bumper rest on the filler it will definitely scratch it…be very careful there.
Someone asked me about the fit of the front filler near the grill….When I removed the old filler there was a plastic doo hickey or push pin which was holding it to the front facia of the car. I used a razor to remove it, I was told that if I tried to pry it off I can break the piece that it's connected to. I drilled a hole in the new filler and will put a new push pin or nut and bolt there, for now I used a zip tie which worked great.
All in all it was a pretty simple install for someone who is not afraid to tackle on a job like this. I will post a few pics now which I took with my tired iPhone 5S, my friend took the videos with his new phone…don't know the make but his phone def has better resolution.

Total cost for changing my fillers was: $199 for the actual fillers, 1 1/2 hours of travel time to pick up the parts…about $20 for gas, $250 for paint, 2 six packs of beer..$14…time spent with friends doing the job….PRICELESS.

I hope you guys like the write up, it was my first time doing this…I'm just trying to keep my 9900 Original mile GN looking good without breaking the bank. Next is the Headliner install which I got from highway stars.
I want to thank Jeff, Denis, Adam and Moe for all their help and insight…couldn't have done it without you.
PICS TO FOLLOW

Well my fellow GN gear heads, today I got the fillers installed on the car thanks to my good friend Jeff who was kind enough to stop by and give me a hand. I have to say that they came out very nice and for the money they are great. I will post some pics that I took but a video will follow of a step by step install and what to look for and how to make it trouble free.
I'm not a body man so we took the time to make sure we drilled the holes at the proper locations, most places had indentations where the holes should be drilled, after fitting them I took the pieces to the body shop to get them painted in the 19U black paint code that was on the cowel.
Once I got the pieces I had to fit them again and open up the holes a bit to really make sure they were flush with the fenders up front and quarters in the back of the car.
Make sure you tape the lights in the back of the car to the top of the trunk opening, don't let them hang down since the need to fit behind the fillers in an indentation so they don't get pinched.
VERY IMPORTANT..You have to make sure you don't scratch the new fillers when you put the bumpers back on, what I did was put blue painters tape on the fillers and use a few extra hands to hold the bumper while I tightened up the 8 nuts that hold the bumper on. I made a few scratch marks where the bumper was before I removed it but you def have to make sure the bumper doesn't touch the filler, it will remove the paint in an instant since it has very sharp edges. I noticed that the front bumper had a lot of room to move side to side and up and down compared to the back bumper which had more up and down room but not much side to side. So the up and down movement of the bumper is the dangerous one…if you let the bumper rest on the filler it will definitely scratch it…be very careful there.
Someone asked me about the fit of the front filler near the grill….When I removed the old filler there was a plastic doo hickey or push pin which was holding it to the front facia of the car. I used a razor to remove it, I was told that if I tried to pry it off I can break the piece that it's connected to. I drilled a hole in the new filler and will put a new push pin or nut and bolt there, for now I used a zip tie which worked great.
All in all it was a pretty simple install for someone who is not afraid to tackle on a job like this. I will post a few pics now which I took with my tired iPhone 5S, my friend took the videos with his new phone…don't know the make but his phone def has better resolution.

Total cost for changing my fillers was: $199 for the actual fillers, 1 1/2 hours of travel time to pick up the parts…about $20 for gas, $250 for paint, 2 six packs of beer..$14…time spent with friends doing the job….PRICELESS.

I hope you guys like the write up, it was my first time doing this…I'm just trying to keep my 9900 Original mile GN looking good without breaking the bank. Next is the Headliner install which I got from highway stars.
I want to thank Jeff, Denis, Adam and Moe for all their help and insight…couldn't have done it without you.
PICS TO FOLLOW

PICS TO FOLLOW

Attachments

• IMG_1273.JPG
    IMG_1273.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1270.JPG
    IMG_1270.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1268.JPG
    IMG_1268.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1274.JPG
    IMG_1274.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 146
  • IMG_1271.JPG
    IMG_1271.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 146
  • IMG_1265.JPG
    IMG_1265.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 93
Here are some of the pics that I took with my phone of the final instal, when I receive the videos showing the step by step installation of the fillers I will post them.

Attachments

• IMG_1269.JPG
    IMG_1269.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1278.JPG
    IMG_1278.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1282.JPG
    IMG_1282.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 163
  • IMG_1287.JPG
    IMG_1287.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1279.JPG
    IMG_1279.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1284.JPG
    IMG_1284.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1289.JPG
    IMG_1289.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1280.JPG
    IMG_1280.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1276.JPG
    IMG_1276.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1267.JPG
    IMG_1267.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 144
I also bought the danko's.They fit great! Just minor adjustments were needed as with any fiberglass part.I think for guys that are on a budget and can't afford spool fools this is the way to go.

Good to see that you have had success with them. They are by far the WORST company that I have ever dealt with in the history of me owning a car. Nobody answers the phone, when you send in a email for a response it comes days later with bullshit lies about delivery dates that aren't true. It's just to shut you up another week. The 4 to 6 week lead time looks more like 3 month wait. I am baffled that they are still in business with this level of service. After being hung to dry , naturally you look online for reviews to see if anyone else has had this experience after going thru something like this. Sadly, this seems to be common practice with them.

Sorry for my rant in your thread, I am truly stoked things turned out well for you.

Last edited:
Good to see that you have had success with them. They are by far the WORST company that I have ever dealt with in the history of me owning a car. Nobody answers the phone, when you send in a email for a response it comes days later with bullshit lies about delivery dates that aren't true. It's just to shut you up another week. The 4 to 6 week lead time looks more like 3 month wait. I am baffled that they are still in business with this level of service. After being hung to dry , and naturally you look online for reviews to see if anyone else has had this experience after going thru something like this. Sadly, this seems to be common practice with them.

Sorry for my rant in your thread, I am truly stoked things turned out well for you.
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with them, the first time that I called them after looking online at their product online, someone answered the phone and told me to stop by and pick up a set. 1 Hour later I was in N.Miami picking up the fillers, like I said in the beginning I was skeptical about the quality since they were only $199 for the set. The owner actually showed me around the shop to show me how they make the fillers from the original molds that he made from his TB. I even told him that I was a bit skeptical/worried about the quality of the product since I was putting them on an ultra low mile GN. After seeing some of the other products that he makes and showing me a SEMA Charger that he had there which he built all the wide body kit and body panels I was relieved, but still what was going to prove the product was the fit when I was installing them… You guys be the Judges, check out the pics and see for yourselves.
Also, when I was test fitting the fillers for the first time I had a few questions even though the fillers came with instructions, I called the shop and the owner gave me some pointers which helped a lot. Again not promoting his stuff I'm just on a budget and was looking for a good product at a reasonable price. I will be taking the car to shows here in S. Florida and possibly Mid/N. Florida and anyone that sees the car is welcome to criticize it.

I guess my experience would have been different if I was ordering fillers, as they seem to stock those items. I ordered GNX fender flares which is made to order with a 4 to 6 week wait, unless you cough out a extra $50 to speed up the process to a weeks time. Funny enough, I referred a friend to them on my 6 week mark, he paid the extra $50 to get his complete set of GNX flares expedited and now he is 3 weeks into it with no flares or confirmation of delivery.... Seems silly not to have at the very least a couple sets sitting on the shelf. My entire summer will be gone before I get these on my car.

Good to see that you have had success with them. They are by far the WORST company that I have ever dealt with in the history of me owning a car. Nobody answers the phone, when you send in a email for a response it comes days later with bullshit lies about delivery dates that aren't true. It's just to shut you up another week. The 4 to 6 week lead time looks more like 3 month wait. I am baffled that they are still in business with this level of service. After being hung to dry , and naturally you look online for reviews to see if anyone else has had this experience after going thru something like this. Sadly, this seems to be common practice with them.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with them, the first time that I called them after looking online at their product online, someone answered the phone and told me to stop by and pick up a set. 1 Hour later I was in N.Miami picking up the fillers, like I said in the beginning I was skeptical about the quality since they were only $199 for the set. The owner actually showed me around the shop to show me how they make the fillers from the original molds that he made from his TB. I even told him that I was a bit skeptical/worried about the quality of the product since I was putting them on an ultra low mile GN. After seeing some of the other products that he makes and showing me a SEMA Charger that he had there which he built all the wide body kit and body panels I was relieved, but still what was going to prove the product was the fit when I was installing them… You guys be the Judges, check out the pics and see for yourselves.
Also, when I was test fitting the fillers for the first time I had a few questions even though the fillers came with instructions, I called the shop and the owner gave me some pointers which helped a lot. Again not promoting his stuff I'm just on a budget and was looking for a good product at a reasonable price. I will be taking the car to shows here in S. Florida and possibly Mid/N. Florida and anyone that sees the car is welcome to criticize it.
I guess my experience would have been different if I was ordering fillers, as they seem to stock those items. I ordered GNX fender flares which is made to order with a 4 to 6 week wait, unless you cough out a extra $50 to speed up the process to a weeks time. Funny enough, I referred a friend to them on my 6 week mark, he paid the extra $50 to get his complete set of GNX flares expedited and now he is 3 weeks into it with no flares or confirmation of delivery.... Seems silly not to have at the very least a couple sets sitting on the shelf. My entire summer will be gone before I get these on my car.
If you would like I will be happy to call Danko and ask him about this, I'm not too far away and actually have to order a set for my friend as well.

If you would like I will be happy to call Danko and ask him about this, I'm not too far away and actually have to order a set of fillers for my friend as well.

That would be greatly appreciated if you could inquire about this. At this point I don't know what to do. Do I cancel my Pay Pal transaction that they took 2 and a half months ago, or wait?? I don't want to put you out of your way, but if you could get a solid answer.... that would be great. I ordered just the front flares for my car as I already have the rears on it now.

If you would like I will be happy to call Danko and ask him about this, I'm not too far away and actually have to order a set of fillers for my friend as well.
That would be greatly appreciated if you could inquire about this. At this point I don't know what to do. Do I cancel my Pay Pal transaction that they took 2 and a half months ago, or wait?? I don't want to put you out of your way, but if you could get a solid answer.... that would be great. I ordered just the front flares for my car as I already have the rears on it now.
Sure Thing Mike I wouldn't mind helping a fellow member, Is your order under your name and give me the order number or date you ordered them. I have to go there in the near future, plus he needs to know if he wants to do more business with us GN guys he has to be consistent or people will go elsewhere and don't mind paying a little more. I wish I knew how to fabricate with fiberglass…maybe he's willing to teach me, lol. PM me with your number and I will send you mine as well and let you know of my progress with this.

Hey Mike, let me know if you received your GNX wheel arch moldings, I was told that they were shipped the same day I spoke to them. Good luck.

Glad to hear Mike got his GNX style wheel arches, I'm glad the owner wasn't just trying to shut me up by telling me he was shipping Mike's order that same day, the only thing that was holding the order up was the 2 sided tape that they include with the arches did not arrive from the supplier.
I hope they fit well Mike.