Build date on cowl tag question

Turbo6Smackdown

Ok, I'm coming up with two theories (all the stuff you find on google are for old cars, not ours) on our cowl tag build date codes; the 4 position code that tells year month and week - the first letter's the year, the number after that is the month, and the letter after that is the week. The other theory was that the last letter was the week of that month. Question 1. If the first theory is correct, what letter did you use after the 26th week? Question 2. If the 2nd theory is correct, and it's the week of that month, how do I have an "E" in mine? That would indicate the 5th week of the month. Which is correct?

If the week starts on monday the first, then the 29th thru the 31st would be week E

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Wait - "If the week starts on monday the first, then the 29th thru the 31st would be week E" what if it doesn't start as a Monday on the first. October in 1987 was a Thursday when it was the first.

Last edited:
Depending if your car is an early 87 made in Oct 86 or a late one made in Oct 87. The code would be H10E as the H represents model year not build year. I don't know where they split the weeks,. So week E might be Oct 26-31 in 86 and the 27-31 in 87.
I got the info based on this post. http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/build-moth.266686/

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited: