build a 200-4R for 1,000 HP

Hopefully this drum will make things safe up to 800 plus horsepower.I feel the directs is the only place there is a problem up to this point.My 3rd correction kit has 0ed out the overlapping problems that cause flaring on the 2/3.I must go tend to my 4 pound pork loin on the bbq.Don here is the answer to your nagging question,plenty of chopped raw onions,plenty of tzadtziki,sliced vine riped tomatoes,fresh parsley ,feta dodoni and meditterranean pita bread ,toasted of course.

Sounds good. Enjoy.

Hopefully this drum will make things safe up to 800 plus horsepower.I feel the directs is the only place there is a problem up to this point.My 3rd correction kit has 0ed out the overlapping problems that cause flaring on the 2/3.I must go tend to my 4 pound pork loin on the bbq.Don here is the answer to your nagging question,plenty of chopped raw onions,plenty of tzadtziki,sliced vine riped tomatoes,fresh parsley ,feta dodoni and meditterranean pita bread ,toasted of course.

Damn that sounds good!!!

250-275 will get it done. Dont be scared.

No thanks. My development time on the 200-4R is done.

5 years from now, I'll still be wondering why you all are still developing parts to make the high clutch live, even after you all obviously already have the answers.

Why not put one in a buick??

Hey Don, the 4r70w trans is a brut. We have one in a 4v mod motor making 980 rwhp that is street driven. Made 100+ passes with all stock hard parts with a aftermarket VB. I am building another one just like it with the same trans. But I would not put it in a Buick. Not worth trying to make it work.

This one was put in a procharged 6.0l / LS1 in a 2000 camaro. This is at the shop i delivered it to. I also built a billet covered single disc 9.5'' converter for the swap. I'll post pix in a few min's

Attachments

• 4r70w conversion.jpg
    4r70w conversion.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 663
  • 4r70w conversion2.jpg
    4r70w conversion2.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 628
Right now

I wonder how much of the talk about the 4R70W is also marketing hype.

It's plain to anyone that knows 200-4Rs that the mods listed in A/Cs ad article will not handle 1,000hp. For very long. But then, as the saying goes, there's a sucker born every day.

I'm digging the 4r70w. The two things that suck about the trans is the converter lock up circuit (Anyone's trans brake body) and the stub shaft ( ck's part rocks for this area).

I'm trying to figure out how to keep the multi-disc converters from burning up the disc's in the unlocked state using FB's, and P/A's Trans brake valve body. The more power the engine makes, the faster the disc's take a dump. I'm also working on the dual clutch (rev and direct) 3rd gear as well. All in due time.

5 years from now, I'll still be wondering why you all are still developing parts to make the high clutch live, even after you all obviously already have the answers.

I have not had a Hi gear failure in 5 years and I have many 9 sec 2004Rs. My Hi gear development has been done.

I have not had a Hi gear failure in 5 years and I have many 9 sec 2004Rs. My Hi gear development has been done.

We're not talking about 9 second 200-4Rs. I think this thread is addressing 1,000hp capable 200-4Rs. That would be at least high 8s, if I'm not mistaking.

We're not talking about 9 second 200-4Rs. I think this thread is addressing 1,000hp capable 200-4Rs. That would be at least high 8s, if I'm not mistaking.

Oh looked like a statement to me. Guess you were talking theory. Real hard to tell the difference I did not have the crystal ball handy.

well here is a one with the Buick bird on it :biggrin: I'd be curious what it comes out with . I wonder how many guys actually run a 200 once they go in the nines?? Aren't most TSM guys goin to 400's at that point ??

Attachments

• Buick crystal ball.jpg
    Buick crystal ball.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 570
I think Cramer is the only 200 left in TSM. Even though the 200 can run nines. I am not sure anyone chose the 200 for the job. Most of the guys I know were running mid to low 10s and then just went faster. The 200 has proven reliable at 10.0s in my eyes. Some of the 9 sec guys have had real good luck with them too. I have had more than my share of luck building units that have made it into the mids 9s. After getting a few units in for freshen up that have made runs in the mid 9s the most common problem has been the output shaft is twisted up like a candy cane. The forward planet showed more wear than anything.

Oh looked like a statement to me. Guess you were talking theory. Real hard to tell the difference I did not have the crystal ball handy.

What are you talking about?? What statement?

The title of the thread?

:confused:

Thank you for clearing that reference up. I made that statement because 5 years ago most everyone was claiming they weren't having problems with the direct clutch. And look where we are today. Parts still being developed to address the problem and 200-4Rs that can handle 1,000hp. Development continues at the expense of...

If you'd like to know why you're now twisting output shafts with your 6 pack direct that lives so well in the 9s, I'm willing to explain it to you, if you'd like.

If you'd like to know why you're now twisting output shafts with your 6 pack direct that lives so well in the 9s, I'm willing to explain it to you, if you'd like.

The cars I reference with output shafts run mid to low 9s and low 1.30 60ft 145 mph+ and one example in 3600lb car. BTW I have not used 6 clutch direct in years in the most popular units that I do. If you have facts to share and not theory I would love to hear you answer to the output shaft problem.