Buicks@Bates 2018 - Official Kickoff Thread

sd-slider

NOWUFFO
It’s that time again!

Just over 30 days to go until the 2018 Buicks@Bates gathering in San Diego on June 3rd!

This year we are celebrating 25 years of this gathering, both at Deer Park and Bates combined! Come help make this the largest one yet and claim the title of "Largest" Turbo Buick gathering...period!

Come join the largest gathering of Turbo and Classic Buick's this side of the Mississippi(soon to be the US!). Once again there will be fun for all ages, including the return of the Jump House, coloring contest, and other kid friendly activities.

Mike and I once again have been wooing the vendors(and twisting arms where necessary…) to boost the raffle loot inventory and make good on our commitment to grow this FREE event more each year. As always, every attendee driving a Buick powered vehicle will receive a FREE event T-shirt. Shirts will be handed out at the entry point to drivers and to other attendees after lunch if stock permits.

A preview of this years shirt:

bates2018art.jpg

The vendor commitments are rolling in and this looks to be another killer raffle! There are some new vendors making their mark on our community with new products again this year!

Stay tuned for more info as we close in on yet another South Western Buick event.

Check out http://buicksatbates.com and http://facebook.com/buicksatbates for additional information including directions, hotel information, and venue rules & amenities.

Drive safe and we'll see everyone there!

Eric and Mike
info@buicksatbates.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Like Eric said.
Last year we were the second largest gathering of Turbo Buicks in the nation. It would be a great day if we can take the title of
"The Biggest" to the West Coast for the first time ever. If you know anyone with a Turbo Buick or TB powered vehicle, please get them to be part of this event. Just to say that they were there when it happened.

Most people show up between 9:00-10-00 AM. There will be tech talk, vendors and Gurus on hand to bounce ideas off. The raffle will start shortly after lunch time. Bates sells hot dogs, burgers, chips, sodas, etc. You may bring your own food, just not for sale.
Alcohol is not permitted. (so keep it low);). Everyone starts heading out in the afternoon 2:30-4:00.
Please no burnouts. We may want to come back next year.:)

https://batesnutfarm.biz/

Happy Spooling and drive safe.

Mike Barnard

Last edited:
Like Eric said.
Last year we were the second largest gathering of Turbo Buicks in the nation. It would be a great day if we can take the title of
"The Biggest" to the West Coast for the first time ever. If you know anyone with a Turbo Buick or TB powered vehicle, please get them to be part of this event. Just to say that they were there when it happened.

Most people show up between 9:00-10-00 AM. There will be tech talk, vendors and Gurus on hand to bounce ideas off. The raffle will start shortly after lunch time. Bates sells hot dogs, burgers, chips, sodas, etc. You may bring your own food, just not for sale.
Alcohol is not permitted. (so keep it low);). Everyone starts heading out in the afternoon 2:30-4:00.
Please no burnouts. We may want to come back next year.:)

https://batesnutfarm.biz/

Happy Spooling and drive safe.

Mike Barnard
What time are you guys setting up in the am? I might try and get there early

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

We may have some drone footage again this year. Hopefully, this time it wont get pulled from you-tube for music copyright issues.:eek:

You Turbo Buick burn-outs need to come to RCs event with Lou and the rest of us this week. You will come back refreshed that all is still well in the TB world.

Then we shall never hear of such talk of selling cars ever again. :eek:

Told the guy I sold my car to about the event. Hopefully he brings it out. I'll be there, but with no Buick.

I'm having way too much fun with mine. Making new parts can be very satisfying when it all comes together.
Spanking 6 figure exotics ain't bad either. :cool:

I will sell my 6 figure exotic for 6 figures

Unfortunately for all you people, RPS will be there, so you can meet this giant A-hole they call "Tyler" in person.

We'll have our custom Bell intercooler cores (both the 1600hp and the 1100hp), MS3 Ultimate, our custom RPS/Molnar first ever made wide journal h-beam rods for an off-center engine, Gee M Racing Stage 2 headers, some of our fuel lines, billet RPS 1" intake spacers, a WORK billet 6262...

...and an unreleased WORK-designed 91mm turbo that I will be using on my personal build, shooting for upwards of 1,600hp+ at the crank ;) ....when you see the BIG lovely turbo, you'll know you're at our spot. Also because you'll see some A-hole with long hair and a leg tattoo.

..I may also bring my custom twin-turbo Duttweiler intercooler to sell, now that I have a Bell core..and maybe my Varishock QS2 rear shocks to sell also, if anyo

I assume we should bring our own tables and tent? Never done one of these before...

Last edited by a moderator:
WooHoo!! See y’all there !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All,

If I can make my way out from Phoenix without a running car, (soon to be remedied) any and all of you guys should try to attend.

This meet is really, really important to us "West Coast" members. I said I would push my car there if I had to, I don't have to do that because I have a rig and trailer.

However, if you guys will commit to making at least 90 cars show up there, in the flesh, I'll trailer out my broken ride from Phoenix, just to be counted as being there. I'll take it off the trailer and park it, empty engine bay and all.

Who's in?

Not much time to help me make a decision.

All,

If I can make my way out from Phoenix without a running car, (soon to be remedied) any and all of you guys should try to attend.

This meet is really, really important to us "West Coast" members. I said I would push my car there if I had to, I don't have to do that because I have a rig and trailer.

However, if you guys will commit to making at least 90 cars show up there, in the flesh, I'll trailer out my broken ride from Phoenix, just to be counted as being there. I'll take it off the trailer and park it, empty engine bay and all.

Who's in?

All,

Who's in?

Oh,

And you guys ROCK!

Let's make this happen!

I will be attending!! My second bates meet! Coming from the high desert.
Matone213...

Where at are you coming from? I'm going to get there early to try and help setup..

I'm taking the 138 from palmdale to the 215 then the 15..

This is my plan.

We will meet here..

501 Inland Center Dr, San Bernardino, CA 92408

Get e85 and headed down to Murrieta

40452 Murrieta Hot Springs Rd
Murrieta, CA 92563

Refuel hit up bates

Then the same on the way back

Let me know if you want to roll with me.. I'll be meeting my brother with his Buick at the first fuel stop

What time are you planning on heading down? I meet up with Steve aka lil truck at the lowes on bear valley in Victorville by the 15..