Buick Vs Ford Shootout - Atco

Vigor 87GN

November 4th, Atco RaceWay New Jersey.
Buick Grand National vs Ford Mustang

This is the best buick vs ford event at atco. Every year for the november event tons of cars come out, compared to the other buick vs ford events at other dates at atco.

I will be there taking pictures in the pits and staging lanes. Hope to see some of you guys there.

BTW: i usually park on the other side of the track where the other stands are... accross from the pits. GN w/welds.

directions or details, www.atcorace.com

LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!

hello vigor took your advice and joined this bored alot better than pastreetracing were is atco by the way ?? on track i ever went to was quaker city but i just got the gn off of someone im gonna completly restore it every option avaliable t tops to and has 67,000 miles on it just needs paint and body but im redoing interior everything what fun cant wait oh yes it is rusty a lil to but i work at a body shop and do that stuff all day later greg

Hey 6-b-qwik. Im glad to see you made it over here. This site and the people on it are a great help. If you do a topic search on 11 second buildup. Im sure you will find tons of previous posts. Going 11's is within a short reach with the right combination and tuning. If you want email me or instant message me sometime on Fast GN@aol.com

Atco Raceway is located in south jersey, about 15 miles east of philadelphia. So i would say about a 5-6 hour drive for you being in pittsburg. But it is a pretty large event, lots of buick's come out. vendors as well.

If you need any help with anything email me. fastgn@aol.com

i've never been to atco raceway before, but i'll be definitely goining this sunday since its probably the last gn vs. mustang shootout for this year. i've been attending the englishtown shootout since 95'. does anybody know the series in atco?are the mustangs leading?will there be 7 and 8 second cars there?

I will be there with my car....I should be hanging around with some of the guys...Prob be hangin out With Russ, or anyone else I know..I usually park my car in the pits around the food area..so just look for an 84 GN that has TB.com stickers on the Rear 1/4 windows!....if the cars there..im there..so look for me!

Hey herb, i havent heard any details from u yet. about meeting up yet. unfortunately i will not be waking up with your ass this year at 8 AM!!!!! i was there last year from 9am-6pm lol... but anyways if your gonna go a bit later this year. let me know, i woul d like to get out the door sometime around 10-11. Let me know whats going on if your going early ill just meet u there. I think mike(co-worker) will go as well, he went last year. Another question, can u get me a press pass or two so i can take pics in the staging lanes. If not im gonna have to call up atco and get some. and they always treat me like i drive a honda everytime i call!!!!!! hit me up herb and let me know whats going on. its coming up soon.

used2hav1..... im not sure the series score... but u can check www.atcorace.com to see if they have any better details... and last year there were two 7 second GN's one red and one yellow i beleive? couple other very fast gn's... hope to see some more quick cars this year as well

cool, there will probably be some really fast gns there then. i can't wait to go to atco. i hope to see team gn represent strong on sunday. we were all disappointed in the sept. shootout in e-town when some of team gn redlighted. we clearly had the fastest cars when the stangs were paired up with the gns except for bill devine's turbo mustang of course. and what do you know, it all came down to devine's stang and the flamed 7 sec. gn. i knew then we were gonna lose that one! the f***in' thing was all over the track and still managed a 7.48!!!!!(if i remember correctly) i wanna see team mustang get their ass kicked on sunday!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D ......see u guys there!

Old Gray will be there to:

A.) Support the team and spank a few Mustangs.

B.) Get thrown out for no Roll bar.

C.) And last but not least - Spank the Whistling Missle (14.2 @ 97) :)!!

Russ...I will prob leave around 10-11 so if you wanna cruise there, and maybe stop off at WAWA so I can wake up Drinks that would we fine---talk to me on AIM!

I will TRY to get into the press box, but I dunno...I will see what what Linda at the gate can do for us..

Brian...shut up...smack talker..I wont be racing my car this time( the posi isnt in yet, and my chip is away getting modified), but I will be in a few weeks on a street night! Also I know the guy who "throws people out" and I could talk to him about being alittle easy on you....want me to? (I dunno..you are kinda mean so I will think about it)

Hey Herb,

Sorry, I'm just busting stones! Actually your car looks pretty clean & tight and should run quite well!!!
And I "Should" be OK I've been going there since 1980 so I pretty much know everyone too, and the BIG thing with us Buicks is to just be DISCREET!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone..and Good Luck!!

Brian..you know I am kidding around with you.....I will let my friend know that "your cool" and they dont have to kick your out....Trying to remember what your car looks looks like

Gray
PA Tags?
T-Type Rims
Old fart driving it :)

Has anyone heard any news from Frank (FlyinGN)?? is he coming out?

Okay sounds good to me herb. Fill me in with all of the details, and definately this year i will be at wawa getting a jumbo caffein cofee.

Hey Vigor, I see your serious list of Mods, what about your times, just curious? And we need all the RACERS we can get, it seems every year I go to this Atco event the list of BUICK racers gets Smaller & Smaller and the list of 5.0's continues to grow!

Come on, roll out of bed early and RACE!!!!

Originally posted by OldGrayII
Hey Vigor, I see your serious list of Mods, what about your times, just curious? And we need all the RACERS we can get, it seems every year I go to this Atco event the list of BUICK racers gets Smaller & Smaller and the list of 5.0's continues to grow!

Come on, roll out of bed early and RACE!!!!

Currently my TA-61 is being rebuilt once again. One month after rebuilt started to smoke again. Still a chance of getting the turbo back sometime later in the week. I beleive their turnout around 2-3 weeks and as of today it has been two weeks. Not much of a threat with a ported stock turbo. Plus i will need to be taking 100's of pictures for the site :)