Buick versus Ford Event in Noble. Date of October 11, 2014, confirmed yesterday by the track.

Track update from Blake

Please let everyone know that gates are open to park and will be open until 9 pm. Thanks. Could someone please post this info on turbobuick.com? My Internet is having problems.

Track update from Blake

Please let everyone know that gates are open to park and will be open until 9 pm. Thanks. Could someone please post this info on turbobuick.com? My Internet is having problems.
we are here checked in at Rubys d#145. Dropped the Truck and GN at the track.

I'm in 114 David. When's breakfast for you guys and the Arkansas guys that are here? I'll go eat with yall.

Had a good time, sorry we lost. Team ford must have brought 25 9sec cars and faster. Not really sure what the answer is to make it competitive at this point. Oh well it was good to see all you there.

Had a good time, sorry we lost. Team ford must have brought 25 9sec cars and faster. Not really sure what the answer is to make it competitive at this point. Oh well it was good to see all you there.

I have to agree they had a lot of 9 sec cars and faster. We had more cars but it didn't matter. :( Had a fun time but losing like this is getting old.
My son did set a new ET high for him his first time in the 11's with a 11.94 pass and I ran a 13.48 in my Sky Redline. Next year I'll have my GN there, it just wasn't ready in time this year.

Had a great time, even if mother nature threw us a curve ball. Was great meeting everyone and finally getting the car down the track to get a good baseline 1/4 mile reading on the power logger. I agree, a lot of 9 sec fords, so it's a bit difficult to compete, but I was elated to run a 12.4 and take a win for the Buick side considering it's never been down the 1/4 mile.

Street cars can't compete with drag cars. I feel like 90 percent of
Buick cars that show up are street cars and Ford's street cars are 30 percent. No fun getting lined up with a car that
ran over a sec his qualifying time either. Don't know if it was weather that scared away the fast Buicks? We didn't have any 8 sec passes!

No doubt my son was a 11.90-12.0 car and ran a Stang that ran 10.86.

Also someone tell the announcer that calling my Sky a Solstice is like calling a GN a Monte Carlo! And that 03 Cobra that I ran in the finals hahaha your sand bagging got you your ass whopped! You got tree'd, you spun and I heard missed second gear all the while I hooked on street tires to a 1.87 sixt ft and gone on you!

Street cars can't compete with drag cars. I feel like 90 percent of
Buick cars that show up are street cars and Ford's street cars are 30 percent. No fun getting lined up with a car that
ran over a sec his qualifying time either. Don't know if it was weather that scared away the fast Buicks? We didn't have any 8 sec passes!

Weather was definitely a factor and probably a factor for the "not as serious" ford guys that didn't show up. Had any additional fords shown up, likely they would have lost all of those races, making the score closer.

I had a good time as well..Thanks to the LSPBC David, Carl, Mike,Tim and Davids son (oldtimers,cant remember his name) for the Hospitality, i enjoyed meeting everyone. The pairing ladder was really off, we just need a few faster cars so that our slower cars dont have to go against their fast cars....we"ll get'em next time

Keep your heads up boys. They brought a majority of gutted race cars and our cars were street cars. A win would be nice but seeing all of you there and all our Buicks at the same track is priceless. Weather wasn't ideal and definetly kept some of our heavy hitters from attending. I'd rather lose every year (which we won't) than allow the event to become super chevy weekend vs ford. I say keep the event as is!!!

The last time we won this event was 2010, 54 to 19. We had 20 ten second cars, 8 nine second cars and 6 eight second cars.

In 2011 we lost, 32 to 51. We had 12 ten second cars, 3 nine second cars and no 8 second cars.

Enjoyed seeing a lot of friends that I have met at the Shootout over the years.

Car ran well after tranny freshened up and modified by Vince Janis.

Win, lose or draw, this is a great event but it is always more fun when we win.:)

If we want to win this race next year, we need to get our team back up to the level of the 2010 team. I'll post the names of those who raced in 2010 on the 2015 thread when it is set up here and if you know someone on that list that did not race with us this year, please follow up with them and encourage them to join us in 2015.

Phil Engle

I had a great time at the event. Just got my 86 ttype running this year after 7 years of it down. Big thanks to everyone who helped me. Car went 11.80's @ 122 mph with 26 lbs of amazing boost. :) Never been that
fast before and felt great. With some more work and I should be in the 10's next year!:cool:

Glad everyone showed up! The weather did in fact hold back more than a few from both sides. Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet more of you. Dad's fall and subsequent exit to the hospital forced me to leave for a few hours and my mind was not too clear for the rest of the day. I will have results ready in about 2 weeks. Please spread the word about our Facebook page. It is simply "Ford vs Buick". Just ask to join and someone will add you. Also, thanks again to this site's Admin for the continued support.

Not that it would have made much of a difference this year I don't think? I know this event has resisted putting in any rules other than what cars qualify for the event I would like to see a .5 breakout rule on the elimination pass. This running high 11's to low 12's in time trials and then kick off a mid 10 sec run is total BS!

I'm not a whiner... for people that know me I'll tell you like it is like it or not! I'll be back next year with a 10 sec Buick but it's no fun having to run a 8-9 sec Ford.

You wanna sandbag keep it within .5!