Buick versus Ford Event in Noble. Date of October 11, 2014, confirmed yesterday by the track.

"Attention in the pits, Attention in the pits. Will Barnes or any other Buicks that have any bugs in their cars, please drive your vehicles to the tower. If said vehicle cannot make it to the tower under it's own power, you may push or tow vehicle. Again, anyone that hasn't gotten all of the bugs out of their cars, please report, along with said vehicle, to the tower. We are scheduled to have a strong low pressure system around the tower in 5 minutes. This low pressure system just may suck all of your bugs into it! We have a few turbocharged coyotes that will be testing their new 2 steps, and could possibly alleviate your situation." Pop pop diddy bang bang bang pop pop, whoooooooooossssssssssshhhhhhhhhh.

Last edited:
Well it looks like I will not be racing anymore this season. My transmission is post toastie. I will however be trailering one of my best freinds down there. So Nebraska still has two coming in Brian Marshall and John Plog. Of course I will be there to cheer.

Well it looks like I will not be racing anymore this season. My transmission is post toastie. I will however be trailering one of my best freinds down there. So Nebraska still has two coming in Brian Marshall and John Plog. Of course I will be there to cheer.

Jim: Sorry to read this. Glad you are still coming and I'll be glad to meet Brian.

My car may not be ready. I need a new TV cable and they are scarce right now.

Phil Engle

Jim: Sorry to read this. Glad you are still coming and I'll be glad to meet Brian.

My car may not be ready. I need a new TV cable and they are scarce right now.

Phil Engle
I've got a new one and I'll bring it if you want Phil.;) Also have a couple of used ones if you want to go that way.:D

Sorry to hear this. I enjoy watching your car fly down the track. Will see you in a few weeks!:)

Wow time is creeping up fast and I need to get my butt in gear. Last year at the shootout I smoked my trans and took out the converter. I got everything fixed and installed a few months ago but I need to hook up the pressure gauge and do a pressure test and break in the trans with some street miles. Hopefully we will be competitive this year. Its not as much fun when the Fords smoke us.

Wow time is creeping up fast and I need to get my butt in gear. Last year at the shootout I smoked my trans and took out the converter. I got everything fixed and installed a few months ago but I need to hook up the pressure gauge and do a pressure test and break in the trans with some street miles. Hopefully we will be competitive this year. Its not as much fun when the Fords smoke us.
Even though we lost a lot of races last year I was fine with it because they were really close. I think that if 5-7 fast cars showed up the tables would have been turned. Its the ones where
there is a half sec. or faster that puts me in a bad mood. Last year my car wasn't ready so my step son took his 02 gt and his friend brought his cobra. This year I will bring mine and my
step son and his friend both sold their moosestangs:). He will bring his 01 TA and his other friend is bringing a 04 GTO. Heck I am also bringing my wifes GTP. I am excited for this race and I am coming out swinging for the fences. I haven't taken my car to the track yet to see what it does, but with street tires on the highway I was still losing traction when I was over 80 mph!:eek:

dyno pic.jpg
Im getting my bugs worked out on my buddys Dyno.....just messing with Alky and Boost netted 450 rwhp, gotta get serious and get atleast another 50hp...what kinda 1/4 times will this get me?

Looks like i will be coming down from KC once again. I drove the car down last year and it died at the hotel and never made it to the races. will be trailering it this year. nothing fancy, just a mid to high 12 sec car. this should be my 12th visit in the past 14 years too. always a good time. thanks to the peeps that put this event on.

Brian Torelli, Overland Park, KS (KC metro) Team Buick

Looks like i will be coming down from KC once again. I drove the car down last year and it died at the hotel and never made it to the races. will be trailering it this year. nothing fancy, just a mid to high 12 sec car. this should be my 12th visit in the past 14 years too. always a good time. thanks to the peeps that put this event on.

Brian Torelli, Overland Park, KS (KC metro) Team Buick
Cool. Glad you can make it out. I live not too far you. If you would like to join our small caravan you are more than welcome. If you would like to just pm me.

I've got a new one and I'll bring it if you want Phil.;) Also have a couple of used ones if you want to go that way.:D

Charlie: I'd like to get the new one and the better one of the used ones. Please send me price, your address and the source of the cable. Had recently ordered one from well known supplier and it was recalled due to production problems. Based on our conversations on this board, I'm confident that you would never knowingly sell something that was defective.

If we're both okay with the terms of the deal, I'll send you a check for the cable(s) I've bought plus enough to cover shipping charges. I'd like to have the cables shipped to me so I can get the new one installed in my car prior to October 11.

See you in October.

Thanks.

Phil Engle

Just over 2 weeks to go, i hope everything is going as planned for all thats attending...im really looking forward to hanging out and doing some racing.

This is a Car Count Team race guys.... If you can make it, please do so and encourage all others. In the past, this race has attracted the fastest of the fastest buicks in the country. This is an old thread but it shows what's possible every year of this race if we can get guys to show up! There is some hard data on racers that didn't race one year but if they would have been able to make it the next, then theoretical results are way different.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/th...kout-rule-at-noble.267784/page-4#post-2028662

Eticket is dead on, it's a car count race! We just need to show up. If you have a Buick please show up. I've posted this event on every board I can think of. Thanks to TurboPlow, we now have 2 More Pontiacs coming down from KC to race on our side. Let's get the car count up to a hundred or more like it used to be!!!

16 Days!!! Plaques are done, stickers are done, shirts are being printed today!! I am actually getting a bit nervous! I still have work to do on my twin turbo, regal eating, great white shark!

I am going to call out.. again.. all of the FAST Buicks and Grand Nationals... Try to show up and help your team win the 19th annual, and longest running, and the largest, GN vs Mustang race in the country!