Buick Sportsman XFI install help

Has anyone been able to display knock retard on their e dash? I thought I read somewhere that it was an option, however I don't see it.

I just did mine. I'm pretty sure it's dash 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know what terminal on the adapter box sends oil pressure to the sportsman? looking to add a transducer for oil pressure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ok this happened how do i fix
Thanks for the help 15061118318201228472244.jpg

Anyone know what terminal on the adapter box sends oil pressure to the sportsman? looking to add a transducer for oil pressure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think you're only able to log one pressure input. I'm logging fuel pressure into pin 28 to the sportsman. If you aren't logging fuel pressure, you can run the oil pressure signal to pin 28 of the sportsman and it'll just show as fuel on the display, but will actually be oil pressure. The gray wire on the unplugged egr connector will lead into pin 28 of the sportsman if you don't feel line running an additional wire through the firewall.

well. unpinned got the little$#%%$#^&%^. out.... in 2 pieces... well off to search for a new. pin connector,...
When th Buick gods aren't happy. GRRRR

I'm doing mine later this morning. I know Cal's in BG again this weekend with the Ford guys. Anyone available to help me get it started today? Around 1pm CST.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

I'm doing mine later this morning. I know Cal's in BG again this weekend with the Ford guys. Anyone available to help me get it started today? Around 1pm CST.

Done. I was able to reach Cal. I love the control, the start to tune is conservative, which is nice and safe. I had zero problems. Now I just need to drive it through all the load areas, tweak a few things like tc lockup etc. I do have a bit of a stumble on throttle tip in if I get out of it right away. Probably a decay rate somewhere but other than that, it's perfect! I have no doubt I'll have the tune fairly locked in after half a day of driving.

You were by far, the easiest customer yet. Keep me posted

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

You were by far, the easiest customer yet. Keep me posted

Thanks! I texted you but please reply here for the others if you get time.

I adjusted the fuel vs tps downward as it was going too rich from stop signs. It decays too fast though and goes lean before getting back to the regular ve. I'm guessing this is why some folks have stumble issues. It'll do it on tip in if you back out right way and it's the aggressiveness of the enhancement at low tps%. So a) how can I decay it slower? I'm less than thrilled with the tc lock up. My five disc vig closes VERY hard, especially at 35 mph which it shouldn't even be thinking about locking then but I get there's no vss signal. Anything below 50 is undesirable but I can leave it in d until od is needed, solved but b) any way to adjust the tc lock parameters? When it is locked, it opens up too soon at lower tps values. I need to lower the fuel vs tps% further but it helped a lot already just lowering it between 0 and 24% tps. I maybe moved it down 5pts and interpolated the final adjustments between those same tps values. I change things slowly. No need to call unless it's easier than typing here.

I'm rethinking my whole combustion tuning ideas. With the maf, I was tuning the car to give the ecm what it wanted and really only setting afr at wot. Now if I want, when the load goes up but maybe not where power enrichment would come on, why not command a 14.0 afr? I've never contemplated different afr's for different rpm's under wot conditions but I have those options now. It's a double edge sword though. Being able to control everything means you have to control everything. Novices won't have problems with it and the car transitions smoother than my maf setup did with throttle tip in and mid-load etc, but to get the most out of it, will take time but that's fun for me. Just my two cents so far. I'm excited to get the box back and tune more this weekend.

Sorry for the delay in responding, traveling a bunch. The AE fueling doesn't "decay" like you would think. You may need to increase the pulsewidth at lower values (left side of graph). This will give it more fuel as you are slowing your throttle movement.
Try increasing your minimum tps value, too raise the lockup. I am trying to come up with a better strategy for lockup and am open to suggestions.
You mention the ability to adjust your target air fuel ratios, I ship the Sportsman with a conservative tune, but expect most users will get creative as they become familiar with it. I know some users are targeting 15.0+ air fuel ratios at cruise. Others are leaning out the idle, etc... It's all there to play with, just exercise caution as save the changes along the way

Sorry for the delay in responding, traveling a bunch. The AE fueling doesn't "decay" like you would think. You may need to increase the pulsewidth at lower values (left side of graph). This will give it more fuel as you are slowing your throttle movement.
Try increasing your minimum tps value, too raise the lockup. I am trying to come up with a better strategy for lockup and am open to suggestions.
You mention the ability to adjust your target air fuel ratios, I ship the Sportsman with a conservative tune, but expect most users will get creative as they become familiar with it. I know some users are targeting 15.0+ air fuel ratios at cruise. Others are leaning out the idle, etc... It's all there to play with, just exercise caution as save the changes along the way

Makes sense. Where is the adjustment for the tc lock program? I'd be glad to play with it. I'll work on the various ae tables this weekend if the box makes it back. I'm getting a lot if positive correction mid boost right now and need to hammer that out. Then I'll do some wot testing but all good so far. Thanks for all the help!

Makes sense. Where is the adjustment for the tc lock program? I'd be glad to play with it. I'll work on the various ae tables this weekend if the box makes it back. I'm getting a lot if positive correction mid boost right now and need to hammer that out. Then I'll do some wot testing but all good so far. Thanks for all the help!

The TCC adjustments are made in the auxiliary output section

Thanks for posting on here, these post will help all of us new FAST guys get up to speed. I have noticed the same stumble as described above, I plan on leaving work at lunch today and work on this tune. With SD2 I had my cruise a/f ratio up around 14.7/15 area yesterday on the highway I'm at 13.5. To be honest I haven't drove it much since the Sportsman install as this is motorcycle riding weather....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

more questions before I bug Cal
says to cut the wire if I want 3rd an 4th lock up? do I ? have a multi disc lock up convertor , mostly street driven,
theres mention of a pink wire. for data logging, I don't have that wire?
if I want to get boost, fuel. etc to show up. do I need to buy additional things?
now when I first power up this. unit are all the lights supposed to be on?
just want to. be ready before I call Cal
anything else I should look at beforehand
Thanks
Dave

more questions before I bug Cal
says to cut the wire if I want 3rd an 4th lock up? do I ? have a multi disc lock up convertor , mostly street driven,
theres mention of a pink wire. for data logging, I don't have that wire?
if I want to get boost, fuel. etc to show up. do I need to buy additional things?
now when I first power up this. unit are all the lights supposed to be on?
just want to. be ready before I call Cal
anything else I should look at beforehand
Thanks
Dave
Don't cut the wire. If you want to lock the tc in third for racing, do it manually through the aldl port.

Boost will show through the map sensor but you'll need a fuel pressure transducer wired into sportsman box to log and see it.

You'll need to monitor everything with a laptop, edash or scan gauge from Bailey.

I don't remember how many lights come on when it's powered up and wired properly. I'll look soon.

M

No problems with the equipment install or software all worked perfect. This morning Cal called and he walked me through the first time calibration and started right up. Cal went through the injector timing and some Fuel map adjustments everything work great! Later I went for a drive around town with zero issues, I was expecting possible tip in but all was crisp and much stronger feeling off the line. Only did some 5 psi short runs to allow for the learning mode to adjust, all is working great! Looking forward to the webinar later this week.

A a big Thank You to Cal for making this happen! So much more for the money! ..... And no more MAF! Lol
Also need to Thank Holly, every great guy has a great gal for a partner!

Sincerely,
Steve