Buick Sportsman XFI install help

I seem to be missing a step on displaying the Fuel Pressure. I get how to bring up the table and how you can drag the left side of the line up to your base PSI but it's this last step, "calibrating fps offset" that I'm missing how to do. Can someone explain this?

Just drag the line to where the displayed fuel pressure on the Fast reads the same as it does in the mechanical gauge and make it fairly linear from there. I adjusted it line off and line on. Then after a few runs I adjusted the top to correspond to 1psi fuel for 1psi boost.

All I seem to be able to move is the start of the line at the lowest point, all the way to the left side. I can move that up to match my actual pressure but it doesn't move the whole line. After I move that part up it dips down and the rises back up.

All I seem to be able to move is the start of the line at the lowest point, all the way to the left side. I can move that up to match my actual pressure but it doesn't move the whole line. After I move that part up it dips down and the rises back up.

There will be a bluesh line during key on or running about in the middle of the ascending horizontal line. You can click right where that line is and hit the up or down key to adjust it. Adjusting the scale all the way to the left isn't going to help. You will have to hit the left and right arrows to move across the scale and adjust.

Ok, I'm about to display my ignorance.

I've been running with a 3/12" MAF, Genll Translator, Extender chip , Narrow band and a scan master. I was about to get a dataloger and wide band for my new build but now I'm thinking about the Sportsman and have some questions.

1. Does it eliminate the factory ECM or piggyback on it?
2. Do I need a datalogger with this or is it built in?
3. Wide Band included or sold separately? If separate which one is easiest/best?
4. What's eDash?
5. Are there any special considerations when using a TR6? I don't use the 2 step function.

1. Yes
2. Built in but need a laptop to get data off
3. Included
4. Small GPS sized display to show you what's going on. Pretty nice.
5. No. I don't think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am very impressed with the EDash so far. Think of it like a digital dash. Multiple display models to choose from, can mount almost anywhere and yet small and readable.
I used a Garmin AC vent mount for it and mounted it up high on the vent just to the right of the speedo cluster above the radio section.

Ok, I'm about to display my ignorance.

I've been running with a 3/12" MAF, Genll Translator, Extender chip , Narrow band and a scan master. I was about to get a dataloger and wide band for my new build but now I'm thinking about the Sportsman and have some questions.

1. Does it eliminate the factory ECM or piggyback on it?
2. Do I need a datalogger with this or is it built in?
3. Wide Band included or sold separately? If separate which one is easiest/best?
4. What's eDash?
5. Are there any special considerations when using a TR6? I don't use the 2 step function.

The eDash is a little bigger in size than the Gen II, not as thick. I too was impressed with all the data they have on display. The one complaint I had on it was the pigtail was too short and put the connector right in the middle of the dash or. Basically 6" under the display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you have a lot of gauges you will find yourself pulling them and cleaning things up with the Edash. It has so many stats that can be displayed.
Fuel pressure, coolant temp, tachometer for example are all displayed in almost every dash display option. With the Sportsman you can even turn the SES light into a shift light if you aren't running a transbrake if you have a tach with a shift light option.
I still kept the trans temp and oil pressure gauges though as those are not displayed.

I guess I'm going to be ordering these.

I love my XFI and Edash!!! It was very simple to install. If I didn't have to run the adapter for the WB it would have taken about 1/2 hour taking my time. Total time with WB was about 1-1/2 hours. I can't say enough good things about Cal. He's been very helpful, patient and always available to talk or text. I highly recommend this to anyone that is thinking about getting one! Truly plug and play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone been able to display knock retard on their e dash? I thought I read somewhere that it was an option, however I don't see it.

It's not on all of the 3 dashs. Only 2 of the 3 I believe. It is on the master dash

Has anyone been able to display knock retard on their e dash? I thought I read somewhere that it was an option, however I don't see it.

I definitely know it's on the Master Dash. That's the one i use anyways. I already have a tach and I wanna know what everything is doing.

What type of weld bung should I get for the IAT relocation? And where is the best place to weld this sucker?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What type of weld bung should I get for the IAT relocation? And where is the best place to weld this sucker?

no need to weld, just drill and tap the plenum. and the intake plenum or doghouse is the best spot. I've got mine on the passenger side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't need a bung on this one. Just drill and tap. A lot of guys do this in the side of the doghouse, opposite side of the throttle linkage. If your lower intake is off, there is plenty of room to drill and tap it below the coil pack on the back side. Great location for a MAP pressure transducer too if one we so inclined. : )

Can you use a fuel transducer to log FP? If so, where Would you install the signal to the adapter harness?

Can you use a fuel transducer to log FP? If so, where Would you install the signal to the adapter harness?

Absolutely! Post 18 of this thread details where to tap the transducer signal wire into.