Buick Sportsman XFI install help

we have identical setups too.... I was changing the ae vs tps on the fly and didn't make a difference. on cold starts the car will flood. has to be warmed up fully to be driveable... I'm going to verify my fuel pressure this afternoon and tps... I even tried modifiying the closed loop correction table after reading the help section. made no difference. the car goes so rich it will puff smoke and smell of raw fuel... also had no issues with the chip it ran perfect..
Try lowering all three ae fueling tables to 30% of original values

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I tried following the idle reset instructions per the help section and now I can't get the car to idle with out surging.. is there something I'm missing as far as the idle reset goes

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I tried following the idle reset instructions per the help section and now I can't get the car to idle with out surging.. is there something I'm missing as far as the idle reset goes

That shouldn't effect it. Try holding the throttle slightly open and seeing if it's the IAC or it's just lean

Another short cut you can take if you want to log fuel pressure. Tee into wire 28 going to the fast sportsman box for the signal or you can run the signal under the hood to the egr gray signal wire and it will lead into the ecu to show fuel pressure. Once you are reading fuel pressure, measure where actual fuel pressure is on a mechanical gauge, vac on and off, and then hook up the sensor. Then go to view-config-fps and you will be able to drag the line up or down to get the reading to match actual fuel pressure. "Calibrating fps offset". I also went in, as Cal recommended, with a timing light and verified actual timing. Lock the timing at 25*, get a timing light and rev up to where the line is steady at 25*.

91a2e5ba4e81347e51599d45427d2b4d.jpg
which pin is 28 for the fuel pressure signal to T into.? With the Hartline sticker up facing the box as in the photo. The right plug is smaller and is numbered 1A-12, the left plug is numbered C1-16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

91a2e5ba4e81347e51599d45427d2b4d.jpg
which pin is 28 for the fuel pressure signal to T into.? With the Hartline sticker up facing the box as in the photo. The right plug is smaller and is numbered 1A-12, the left plug is numbered C1-16.

You're looking at the pins on the adaptor harness not the pins on the Sportsman box

Yes should have looked on the back of the Sportsman unit. I'm about ready to start it for the first time is this morning ok to call? Hate to bother you on a Sunday morning.....

Yes should have looked on the back of the Sportsman unit. I'm about ready to start it for the first time is this morning ok to call? Hate to bother you on a Sunday morning.....

If you call me this morning. 321-863-2303. My afternoon is busy. It's a Holliday weekend, Sunday, and I'm on vacation

I could maybe help you with the initial start up..

I could maybe help you with the initial start up..

Thanks Ed, Cal got me through it but he is now on vacation. Started at noon EST today. Text messages only now, no phone calls.
The car runs good taken it slowly and letting it learn/set the tune to the target parameters.

I have the TR6 with the 2 step/rev limiter how will the Sportsman handle this? I haven't used it with the new set-up yet.

I have the TR6 with the 2 step/rev limiter how will the Sportsman handle this? I haven't used it with the new set-up yet.
You need to go into the WBO2 correction limits and zero both positive and negative correction where you're on the 2-step

how important is it to move the air temp sensor? I. really don't like the idea of drilling the dog house?
thanks

how important is it to move the air temp sensor? I. really don't like the idea of drilling the dog house?
thanks
It HAS to be moved from stock location. Post intercooler

Just wanted to say that we installed the Sportsman today in TWhat's (Dustin) car. I was very impressed with the ease of install plus the capability this provides. We also put in the eDash and the pairing seems to work really well. Thanks to Cal for letting us call him on a Saturday and walk us through the fine tuning parts. This is a really good product and the price makes it a deal for those that don't need the full capability of XFI. One unexpected plus was ability to move the MAP sensor into the car because the new harness cables come with a short pigtail for that. We had the car up and running in a couple of hours with the majority of time spent running the wideband O2 cable.

thanks
drilling and tapping is pretty easy on the dog house. i was eerie about it also as I didn't have another one laying around I could start from scratch with if I messed this one up. I can't remember what size drill bit or tap I used but I'm sure Cal does, and if he didn't include it in the instructions just shoot him a message or email and he'll guide you in the right direction. there's an IAT extension harness you'll have to use if you tap the passenger side of the plenum. you could separate it from the main harness and then be able to plug it in, but that's a pain. turbo89 actually has a couple for sale in the for sale section right now for a good price, if you don't have one already that'd be your best bet right there

drilling and tapping is pretty easy on the dog house. i was eerie about it also as I didn't have another one laying around I could start from scratch with if I messed this one up. I can't remember what size drill bit or tap I used but I'm sure Cal does, and if he didn't include it in the instructions just shoot him a message or email and he'll guide you in the right direction. there's an IAT extension harness you'll have to use if you tap the passenger side of the plenum. you could separate it from the main harness and then be able to plug it in, but that's a pain. turbo89 actually has a couple for sale in the for sale section right now for a good price, if you don't have one already that'd be your best bet right there

37/64 drill, although I've used 9/16 several times. Then tap it with a 3/8 NPT tap

Which wire do I tap into for a tach feed?

Just use the factory hook up behind the alternator. It's a green plug with two white writes in it.
BTW: the Sportsman has a shift light output using the SES light for those not running a lockup TCC

Ok thanks, done, works good same reading as FAST eDash.

Another short cut you can take if you want to log fuel pressure. Tee into wire 28 going to the fast sportsman box for the signal or you can run the signal under the hood to the egr gray signal wire and it will lead into the ecu to show fuel pressure. Once you are reading fuel pressure, measure where actual fuel pressure is on a mechanical gauge, vac on and off, and then hook up the sensor. Then go to view-config-fps and you will be able to drag the line up or down to get the reading to match actual fuel pressure. "Calibrating fps offset". .

I seem to be missing a step on displaying the Fuel Pressure. I get how to bring up the table and how you can drag the left side of the line up to your base PSI but it's this last step, "calibrating fps offset" that I'm missing how to do. Can someone explain this?