Buick RaceDay 2009 Prelim Info

Quick 8

If you are gonna run a true quick 8 race Trampass and myself will be there. Thanks so much for the offer. bob aka stgman.

buick race day @ norwalk quick 8 door slammers

the format will just like bowling green:biggrin:
nice trophys and minimum payout to winner of $1000.00
runner -up will get trophy and $500.00
also if i get a full field i will pay $200.00 each to the semi -finalist cars:cool:
"BOBBY DON'S BIG GUN SHOWDOWN @ NORWALK THE WORLDS FASTEST BUICK DOORSLAMMERS":eek:
LETS PUT ON A SHOW FOR OUR BUICK FRIENDS UP NORTH.
like to get a full field of 7 second cars.maybe the folks at norwalk will kick in some more prize money so we will come back next year.:cool:
see you guys at bg should be a real blast!!!!:D
bobby don (the ole man with the slo and HEAVY buick):eek:

Summit Motorsports Park aka Norwalk Raceway Park, Norwalk, OH this message is an update as of 1/9/2009

Mark your calendars for May 29-May 31 for Buick Race Day 2009. On Friday, May 29, we have the track rented from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, more details coming soon! then we will be testing and tuning from 5:00 PM to 11:00 PM with the regular test and tune program at the track, $12 to race, car and driver, $12 for spectators. Child (6-14) $5. We will also have a Buick Gambler's Race, 80% payback, Pay $10 in the staging lanes, more payback if sponsored! Saturday car show and hotel arrangements are pending, more info soon.
Sunday, Buick RaceDay 2009 basically the same, but adding a FWD Buick Powered Race for any FWD car with a GM 3800 engine. Swap Meet also, and vendors more than welcome!

We are also hoping to run TSO qualifying on Friday during the day. We will still have qualifying and tech on Sunday if you can't make it Friday.

Buick Race Day Info

Here's the deal, Friday is a track rental, there will be no concessions, so we need to bring goodies to eat for lunch and dinner for anyone staying over to race in the Buick Gamblers Race $10 pay back to be determined based on entries around 7:00 PM during the track's regular test and tune which you have to pay $12 to enter.
I have a hook up for some pull pork bbq from Flint, I can get fairly reasonable, will need a grille to warm up. Anyone that doesn't want to bring a food goodie to share can throw $5 in to cover costs.
Also need help at the track, on Friday, entrance folks to take money, pre-entry cards and put # on cars, folks to run the burn out box/starting line, and folks to run the printer at the starting line and write car #'s on time slips. if everyone would volunteer an hour or so to one of these details would be awesome!
You wanted it we are giving you the chance to test and tune, etc, please plan on helping out,
Any questions, email me!
See you next week!
You can also invite your other race car friends, chevy, mopar, mudstangs to join us on Friday, they just need to pay the $30 at the gate, and help out with track stuff, gate, staging, timeslips, etc would be nice, all hands on deck and bring some stuff to eat!

hey Bobby, what's up bud. Question, are we still limited to an 88 size turbo for this race, even if car meets all other TSO guides. I still run the PT91.5? Stupid question probably

bobby don"s big gun showdown

hi quint,
you can run any size turbo that you want in the big gun series:biggrin:
hope to see you in norwalk.
bobby don (the ole man with the slo buick):eek:

Pardon me if I missed it somewhere in this thread, but what time is the car show at Arby's on Saturday???

Anyone know if small dogs (lap dog) are allowed at the track? I didn't see it on the Norwalk Racetrack's site. My wife wants to bring the dog rather than leave it locked in the laundry room all day.

Thanks.

I know my large (120#) lap dog will be there:eek: Not a problem taking pets to the track other than it is all asphalt. He liked it better when it was grass, come to think of it so did I :(

hi quint,
you can run any size turbo that you want in the big gun series:biggrin:
hope to see you in norwalk.
bobby don (the ole man with the slo buick):eek:

Thanks Bobby. Question, what is TSO "Outlaw" trim all about. I see slightly faster times when it says Outlaw next to TSO sometimes? I know what TSO stands for, but not the "Outlaw". THanks

where were the BIG GUN cars at norwalk?

i am not goining to make this a long post.i will get straight to the point!
you 7 second big gun cars out there and you know who you are.
HAVE PISSED ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHY WEREN'T YOU AT NORWALK?
i drove 11 houre (23 ) if you count my break down in route.to run the big gun show down,but guess what? 3 cars showed up!!!
i cannot speak about it any longer,i get to fu---k mad about it.
bpg!!!!! not gonna happen from me boys.
i'm outta here.
bobby don (the ole man who loves buick racing):mad:

renolds? thats out as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am not goining to make this a long post.i will get straight to the point!
you 7 second big gun cars out there and you know who you are.
HAVE PISSED ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHY WEREN'T YOU AT NORWALK?
i drove 11 houre (23 ) if you count my break down in route.to run the big gun show down,but guess what? 3 cars showed up!!!
i cannot speak about it any longer,i get to fu---k mad about it.
bpg!!!!! not gonna happen from me boys.
i'm outta here.
bobby don (the ole man who loves buick racing):mad:

renolds? thats out as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE

Bobby, We have our differences , but I will go on record that you are a stand up guy!! 3 cars and one of them was yours?? And you still paid the the full payout!! My hats off to you!! Later Mike:cool:

Thanks Bobby Don for trying to do something for the Buicks, sorry no one came out to play. 9hrs for me and bob.

big gun

Bobby,
I do hope when you cool some you may reconsider. We tried our best to talk it up and coax some of the big iron out. We just new "Big Al" would show and were sorely dissapointed when he didn't. I can understand Len Freeman not showing, long, long tow and expensive. Thank you so very much for paying the total promised payout, outstanding person to do that. We did enjoy the excellent facility and the friendship shown to us by you and all your crew, great gang.
Please keep up the spirit of BUICK.

until we meet again,

bob and trampess