Buick RaceDay 2009 Prelim Info

Buickracer

Summit Motorsports Park aka Norwalk Raceway Park, Norwalk, OH

Mark your calendars for May 29-May 31 for Buick Race Day 2009. On Friday, May 29, we will be testing and tuning from 5:00 PM to 11:00 PM with the regular test and tune program at the track, $12 to race, car and driver, $12 for spectators. Child (6-14) $5. We will also have a Buick Gambler's Race, 80% payback, Pay $10 in the staging lanes, more payback if sponsored! Saturday car show and hotel arrangements are pending, more info soon.
Sunday, Buick RaceDay 2009 basically the same, but adding a FWD Buick Powered Race for any FWD car with a GM 3800 engine. Swap Meet also, and vendors more than welcome!
Please reply to me with any questions or suggestions for next year. Thanks

you need to have the quick 8 program at norwalk,these are the QUICKEST buicks in the world.run them heads up .4 pro tree!! let people see just how fast these monsters can go.and last but not least PAY them some REAL money as the cost of racing these cars is MIND BOGLING.

BOBBY DON (THE OLE MAN WITH THE SLO BUICK)

BOBBY DON, have you ever been to Buick Race Day in Norwalk, OH?? We have been sponsoring the TSO (Turbo Street Outlaw) class since they were invented some years, 5 or so!

Bobby Don raced TSO in Norwalk in 2007 and will hopefully be back in 2009. The pic on our T-shirts in 2008 was Bobby Don's car at Norwalk in 2007. I have the dates marked and look forward to being there in 2009. Thanks for all your support!

thanks chris for speaking up for me,and i will be there! with my tso bad ass buick! how ever i am still wanting to see the quick 8 cars run at norwalk,i would bring both my cars if they would pay to see the 7 second buicks run there.i would like to get a roll call of you quick 8 guys out there! speak up-if you want to race at norwalk.heads -up lets get it on guys.if i see enough of you step up to the plate WE WILL RAISE THE MONEY!i did it at bowling green 2 years ago with the tso class,and WE can do the same with the quick 8
who is with me? the rules are simple! the car must have doors,and buick powered! LETS LINE UP,& DO SOME DRAG RACING!

BOBBY DON(THE OLE MAN WITH THE SLO BUICK)

I will be there for sure this year. The in-laws live in Toledo area:) How you been Bobby long time no see.

hey tony! good to hear from you dude.congrats on the street car shootout record in st.louis.sounds like you got the ole buick cookin pretty good.
were working on both my cars right now."CATEGORY 6" is getting new cage,goining to fast for the old one.also some new stuff that i can't mention here,if you know what i mean.
the tso car is also goining through some big changes,again can;t talk about them in here.spending my childrens inheritance.(smile)
i hate the winter,already wanting to get in those race cars!
well thats it for now tony,take care, GO FAST &KEEP IT OFF THE WALLS ok?
your friend,

bobby don (the ole man with the slo buicks)

I hope to build another GN or buy a Car already built :) over the winter. I have the need for speed myself!! Winter as not even started yet. I will be going somewhere nice this winter with the car. I will never get enough driving time.

who is with me? the rules are simple! the car must have doors,and buick powered! LETS LINE UP,& DO SOME DRAG RACING!

BOBBY DON(THE OLE MAN WITH THE SLO BUICK)[/QUOTE]

That means the fastest BUICK powered cars still have to stay home!! How about dragsters/altereds get a .5 handicap. Protree comes on , you can get a .000 green and we would have to be .500 to be green?? That puts you at a .5 tenths spot. Just a thought!! Let the beating begin!! Mike:cool:

Bobby, this is some exiting news you are coming back to race TSO. I enjoyed our little sit down at Columbus and had a great time with Brad T at Osceola. Looking forward to seeing both of you at Norwalk. I would like to run TSO and quick 8 if possible but I know with the time restraints it will be very unlikely.

Don has always been generous with sponsorship to TSO and he is a asset to the class for those who don't know him he is a great example of going fast with class.

Buick Race Day 2009 Update

Summit Motorsports Park aka Norwalk Raceway Park, Norwalk, OH this message is an update as of 1/9/2009

Mark your calendars for May 29-May 31 for Buick Race Day 2009. On Friday, May 29, we have the track rented from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, more details coming soon! then we will be testing and tuning from 5:00 PM to 11:00 PM with the regular test and tune program at the track, $12 to race, car and driver, $12 for spectators. Child (6-14) $5. We will also have a Buick Gambler's Race, 80% payback, Pay $10 in the staging lanes, more payback if sponsored! Saturday car show and hotel arrangements are pending, more info soon.
Sunday, Buick RaceDay 2009 basically the same, but adding a FWD Buick Powered Race for any FWD car with a GM 3800 engine. Swap Meet also, and vendors more than welcome!

Update

Summit Motorsports Park aka Norwalk Raceway Park, Norwalk, OH this message is an update as of 1/9/2009

Mark your calendars for May 29-May 31 for Buick Race Day 2009. On Friday, May 29, we have the track rented from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, more details coming soon! then we will be testing and tuning from 5:00 PM to 11:00 PM with the regular test and tune program at the track, $12 to race, car and driver, $12 for spectators. Child (6-14) $5. We will also have a Buick Gambler's Race, 80% payback, Pay $10 in the staging lanes, more payback if sponsored! Saturday car show and hotel arrangements are pending, more info soon.

thanks chris for speaking up for me,and i will be there! with my tso bad ass buick! how ever i am still wanting to see the quick 8 cars run at norwalk,i would bring both my cars if they would pay to see the 7 second buicks run there.i would like to get a roll call of you quick 8 guys out there! speak up-if you want to race at norwalk.heads -up lets get it on guys.if i see enough of you step up to the plate WE WILL RAISE THE MONEY!i did it at bowling green 2 years ago with the tso class,and WE can do the same with the quick 8

BOBBY DON(THE OLE MAN WITH THE SLO BUICK)

Bobby,

Sign me up for this, Im sure Fiscus would be all over this too. let us know what we can do

bobby don's big gun showdown at norwalk 2009

who's got the worlds fastest buick door slammer in the north east?
we will find out at the end of may at buick raceday in norwalk ,ohio
i will be sponsering this event hopefully with the help of others at summit raceway park at buick race day at norwalk.
it will be the same format as the big gun at bowling green.
rules:
1.car must be buick powered
2.car must have buick body
3.no weight limit !!!!!
4.car must have doors
5. heads-up .4 pro tree first car to finish line wins !!
6.pro style quick 8 bracket
7.2 alternates (9th & 10th fastest time slips) will be chosen in case of breakage before first round is run.
8.after first round is complete no alternates can be used
purse:
winner will receive $1000 plus a 5' trophy (GUARANTEED PURSE IF WE HAVE A FULL FIELD)
runner-up will receive $500 plus a 3' trophy
if field is not full $100 will be deducted from each purse for ever car under 8
example:if we have only 7 cars make the field winner will get $900 & runner-up will get $400 etc.etc.

there will be a $50.00 entry fee that must be paid to one of my staff when you turn in your time slip.if you do not make the field of eight your entry fee will be returned to you before first round begins.

i'm hoping that this will bring the big gun cars to norwalk,if its succsesful i will do this at ever major buick event.i'm already doining it at bowling green this year,i will produce this same event at bpg,oceola,and reynolds if i get the participation i'm looking far.

"BUICK RACEDAY AT NORWALK,OHIO"
THE WORLDS FASTEST BUICK DOOR SLAMMERS:eek:
IF YOURE NOT THERE YOURE NOT FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

HOPE YOU FAST GUYS STEP-UP TO THE PLATE
YOUR BUICK FRIEND,
BOBBY DON (THE OLE MAN WITH THE SLO BUICK):eek:
QUESTIONS:EMAIL BOBBY_DON@HOTMAIL.COM

How you beed Bobby? I was in your neck of the woods last Saturday in Benton I-57. I asked a few people if they new you and they told me yes. They also told me Buddy lives down around there also. I will be in Norwalk with my slow car also. See you soon.

Buick Race Day Hotel Info

Hotel Information:
Best Western, Norwalk 419-663-3501

3-4 Night Stay: special group rate of $75 + tax
Friday/Saturday: special group rate of $85 + tax
Saturday Night only: special group rate of $89.99 + tax
Must Mention Booking Code: Buick Race Day
(A credit card or payment in advance will be required when making reservations.)
Cancellation Policy: Guests are given 24 hours prior to arrival to cancel wtihout being charged indivdually for their first night's stay.
Guests must call the hotel directly to cancel individual reservations.

Deadline for reservations May 10, 2009

SUNDAY Schedule coming next!

Sunday, May 31st - 19th Annual Buick Raceday at Summit Motorsports Park!
Open to all BUICK Powered Vehicles Only!

Gates Open 8:30 AM
Time Trials Begin 9:00 AM
2 Qualifying Sessions for TSM, TSO and Toth Buick "Q16" 10:00 AM & 11:00 AM
Ladies Race Time Trial 10:00 AM
Ladies Race Eliminations 11:00 AM *Round Robin!
Eliminations: TSM, TSO and Toth Buick "Q16" Noon
All V6 3.8/3800 FWD/RWD Buick Challenge Race time TBD
Finish Line Motorsports "V8 Buick Challenge" Race time TBD
Marty Green Snap-on Tools "2nd Chance Race" Race time TBD
THE WORLDS FASTEST BUICK DOOR SLAMMERS Race time TBD See earlier post for more info!

Need tires from Harlow at Norwalk>

Anybody that needs new racing tires and expects to pickup at Norwalk from Harlow, please order them in the next couple of weeks before Buick Raceday, due to the Memorial Day weekend before BRD, they lose a day in shipping and I was harassed by the Harlow folks, "You Buick People always wait to the last minute" Cause I did last year and supposedly several others. Here's their link:
Harlow Racing Inc.
Thanks!