Buick race car stolen!

LMackay.jpg

The guys on here really need to be on the look out for this car. This race car was THE pilot car for the 1984 Buick Grand National program and was originally used by Buick in auto shows across the country. The car was slated to be destroyed, but Buick Motorsports gave the car to a well known NHRA Stock Eliminator racer named Harry Doolittle. The car has always been a Stock Eliminator race car. Loyd Mackay eventually bought the car from Harry and was very successful with the car also having numerous class wins and records. The car is a black 1984 Grand National with T tops and is currently running an N/A 252 V6. The GN emblems have all been removed so the car could be entered as an ordinary Regal in NHRA competition.

Last edited:
View attachment 288031

The guys on here really need to be on the look out for this car. This race car was THE pilot car for the 1984 Buick Grand National program and was originally used by Buick in auto shows across the country. The car was slated to be destroyed, but Buick Motorsports gave the car to a well known NHRA Stock Eliminator racer named Harry Doolittle. The car has always been a Stock Eliminator race car. Loyd Mackay eventually bought the car from Harry and was very successful with the car also having numerous class wins and records. The car is a black 1984 Grand National with T tops and is currently running an N/A 252 V6. The GN emblems have all been removed so the car could be entered as an ordinary Regal in NHRA competition.
This is sad. Most likely whoever stole it has no clue the history of this. I knew Lloyd just from Falls Auto and local car shows, but did not know the real back story on this car.
Not sure why it was just sitting outside on the lot though if it was such a valuable piece.

ud think ppl wud instal a $3 kill switch smh
How do you install a $3 kill switch .. Please PM if possible with the details . I would like to install it on my GN .
Thanks oScsr

Sorry for the OP.. Hope you find your friends car

Pretty simple, you go buy a $3 switch. Hide it way up front in the trunk, tap into the fuel pump hot wire and bingo NO FUEL !! Not only that but they have to get into the trunk ?