Buick Grand National in Enchanted Lake Neighborhood

RonKoron

I have found this Buick Grand National rotting away in a driveway in Enchanted Lake Area. I'm think of knocking on the door and asking if they would like someone to take away the junk car off their hands. Is there a body shop on island that could handle a restoration like this. I feel I can get almost any part for the GN, but shipping them is going to be expensive.. Or do you think it would be worthwhile to ship to mainland and have it restored there.

I just hate seeing this rusting away. Who knows the last time it was started or what the interior looks like.

Any ideas?

Ron Koron

There’s 3on the big island one worse one just like that and one that will be there next month.2 are 86 1 of the 86 is a lightweight. The 87 has Champion heads and intake but the rest of the car is just gone not repairable and he wants 3500 and the 8.5 is missing.
The 2 86 are not for sale.
It’s said that people do this to these cars.

It is sad. I'm going to have to stop by there sometime and get the story from the owners. I just hate seeing it waste away.

He will say nope I’m going to fix it or these are vary hard to find I’ll have tho have $$$$$$ for it.
Let me know how it goes. If it goes well I need to take some lessons from you.

Enchanted Lake, as in Kailua area? I drove around nearly every street over there, apparently it was parked on the street side for a while. I was going to do the same, knock on the door. Really depends on frame, but I remember every panel having holes; roof, deck lid, doors, quarters, fenders, etc. Hate to see it. Even if the body isn’t able to be saved I wanted to see what else could be saved and used on my 85 I picked up. Hate to see it trashed, but maybe it could help another live on.

Yes, it's in Kailua, on Paako street. I haven't seen the other car there when I went by, so I haven't talked to them yet. I do have a catalog where I could get fenders, doors, hood, trunk lid, etc., but I don't know a body shop that could do the restoration.

BTW, I have an completely original '87 GN sitting in storage at my brother in-laws garage in Salem, OR. I am the original owner. Bought the car on July 10th, 1987 in Missouri Valley, Iowa. Would love to bring in to Hawaii, but I don't have a garage, so I don't want it to end up like the one pictured.

Will I drug a 87 home. I looked at it 10 maybe 12 years ago it was no Beauty queen but was a excellent candidate as a race car. Little rusty but very reparable, he had removed the AC already and some nice go fast parts.
We just never could agree on its value. Five years ago I looked at it again it was not repairable in my opinion, and just a parts car. I got it as a parts car today,lots of work and expense to restore the parts but worth it.

Will I drug a 87 home. I looked at it 10 maybe 12 years ago it was no Beauty queen but was a excellent candidate as a race car. Little rusty but very reparable, he had removed the AC already and some nice go fast parts.
We just never could agree on its value. Five years ago I looked at it again it was not repairable in my opinion, and just a parts car. I got it as a parts car today,lots of work and expense to restore the parts but worth it.

Congrats brother, looks like she has some good parts on her! You just scrapping the body? Have a good title/frame at least? Shoot me a message if you need anything, I have a gang of parts stashed away, and I am on Oahu.