Buick GNX #276-2100 miles $75k obo

With the hood pad missing and the burnt area on the passengers side of the hood, do you think there was an under hood fire? Or what else could have caused that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the hood pad missing and the burnt area on the passengers side of the hood, do you think there was an under hood fire? Or what else could have caused that?

Hood pad is missing because mice chewed it up. Mice didn't touch anything else in the car which was kinda surprising. There is no burnt area on the hood. The paint that is missing is from the car not being stored properly. The paint has been exposed for years, so there is very very little surface rust. And it is nothing but surface rust.....Other than the hood, and tiny spot on the trunk, the car is in excellent shape. Im not sure why so many people are pointing out the flaws when these cars had poor paint to begin with. If someone painted the hood, and trunk lid ( trunk lid only has one small spot size of a quarter missing), they would have a really nice car.

Hood pad is missing because mice chewed it up. Mice didn't touch anything else in the car which was kinda surprising. There is no burnt area on the hood. The paint that is missing is from the car not being stored properly. The paint has been exposed for years, so there is very very little surface rust. And it is nothing but surface rust.....Other than the hood, and tiny spot on the trunk, the car is in excellent shape. Im not sure why so many people are pointing out the flaws when these cars had poor paint to begin with. If someone painted the hood, and trunk lid ( trunk lid only has one small spot size of a quarter missing), they would have a really nice car.

Sorry man, that was not my intent at all! As I meant no offense, whatsoever. In that, I was just wondering (what I’m sure everyone else is), is all.

I totally understand about the paint on these cars. And like I had said it was just a question, based upon my observation of the photos is all. So, I’m not trying to point out flaws at all. As it is just at this caliber car and / or price point you’re going to have a very discerning buyer who will want to know / understand the goings on here.

Therefore, if it were my car, I’d look at any comment, as feedback and I’d not only welcome it. But, I’d work to resolve any of the concerns associated with each as well. In other words, I’d take additional photos and offer additional explanation (just as you have here).

Much like you, I’ve always wanted an X and I hope to realize that goal soon. My issue at present, is liquidity, as I have a second home that I need to sell first. However, that could happen at any moment, as we’ve had a great deal of activity on it lately.

I also sent your link to my buddy Bigworm (Ron Bailey) for you, as he’s always looking for another. And he said he’d check into it. So, he may a player for you as well.

Anyways no offense intended man. Just trying figure the car out is all. GLWS!!

Thanks,
Phillip

Sorry man, that was not my intent at all! As I meant no offense, whatsoever. In that, I was just wondering (what I’m sure everyone else is), is all.

I totally understand about the paint on these cars. And like I had said it was just a question, based upon my observation of the photos is all. So, I’m not trying to point out flaws at all. As it is just at this caliber car and / or price point you’re going to have a very discerning buyer who will want to know / understand the goings on here.

Therefore, if it were my car, I’d look at any comment, as feedback and I’d not only welcome it. But, I’d work to resolve any of the concerns associated with each as well. In other words, I’d take additional photos and offer additional explanation (just as you have here).

Much like you, I’ve always wanted an X and I hope to realize that goal soon. My issue at present, is liquidity, as I have a second home that I need to sell first. However, that could happen at any moment, as we’ve had a great deal of activity on it lately.

I also sent your link to my buddy Bigworm (Ron Bailey) for you, as he’s always looking for another. And he said he’d check into it. So, he may a player for you as well.

Anyways no offense intended man. Just trying figure the car out is all. GLWS!!

Thanks,
Phillip

No offense taken, and thanks for the clarification. It really is a nice car. I thought about painting the hood/trunk, but I just thought people who are buying an X would rather have it original. I have had a huge amount of interest in the car. And had a pending sale on it that fell through. If it doesn't sell through auction, I might get some of these things fix since the weather is getting nicer.