Buick Avista Twin Turbo Concept At Detroit Show!

rick j.

Wow, that's hot.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
whatever it is, you just know it will have metalflake paint that would make a 1970's speedboat envious..

I don't care if it has metal flake as long as it is rear wheel drive, and is a coupe. It does need power. Lots of power. Stage 1 on the front fender would be mighty cool

It sez Camaro will have a 455 hp 6.2l. That 455 hp is good enough to call it a Stage One if they put it in the Buick coupe. I'll even go down to the dealer to check it out.

Last edited:
The Zeta platform already has a twin turbo v6 in the ATS V so it's all there.

I hope that it will not cost $72K like the Caddy does.

the ATS is built on the Alpha platform like the 6th gen Camaro - the Zeta platform is all but dead - semantics I know

Hell, my dad's 2015 ATS puts out 272 hp and 295 lb ft with a 2-liter turbo 4 banger and a paddle shift 6 speed auto.
At 5.7 seconds to 60 mph, it's no slouch. And it drives, brakes, and handles unbelievably well.
I'd prefer a Buick performer have at least a 6 cylinder, but upping the boost on that 4cyl would outrun our 1980s GNs and make a "new GN" much more affordable than one with the Caddy TT V6. Though that engine would be killer in a new GNX...
image.jpeg

Last edited:
The Zeta platform already has a twin turbo v6 in the ATS V so it's all there.

I hope that it will not cost $72K like the Caddy does.

I don't understand how they justify 72k for a twin turbo v6 caddy. My twin turbo v6 lincoln was 20k cheaper than that.

I don't understand how they justify 72k for a twin turbo v6 caddy. My twin turbo v6 lincoln was 20k cheaper than that.

but have you driven the Caddy to compare? sometimes things cost more because they are worth the extra money.

I'd buy one in black. Black out all the chrome. Take the "avista" letters off the back and have "Grand National" letters added across the back. LOL.

its just a concept right now -so the name isn't what its going to be - I am just excited to see it based off the alpha chassis , if it does get released then you can share the after market with the ATS and Camaro market - and I think the Buick studio really is turning out some beautiful cars

I like the concept also, about time. Hope they build it. But I hope they incorporate some retro in it. A GN package would be cool.

and for as much as it pains me to say I hope if there is a grand national variant - I hope it is based on the LS engine format I love the turbo v-6 but the aftermarket is so strong for the LS based motor , I would so love to see a turbo LS in it