Buell motorcycles?????????????

I see I ruffled some feathers on the HD Eagle. Okay time to put up or shut up I guess. Hey I call them like I see them. Pics of my ride are in this thread here http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-lounge/240386-since-we-subject-bsa-motorikes-anyone.html

You know the creed of a die hard biker is you never sell your first bike. Well this was #3 but I still have my first bike too. I cut my teeth riding Harleys so yes I do have an idea what I'm talking about. And yes 99.9% of anything Harley is sold to posuers. All I need to do is ride into Daytona Beach every March and October to prove my theory and opinion. And yes Eric Buell is a sellout. He had soul....at one time. And you could see it in the bikes. Now all they are is Bimotas with a HD V-twin. And how many years did it take a Buell to win any race close to a national championship caliber type of race?

Here's another "whatda thinks". Take a good look at the VRSC line of bikes. Hey those just linger on the showrooms too. Aint nothing wrong with the Buell. The thread starter asked a question and he got some answers. Why he wanted approval from the HD Posuers was beyound me, thats all. If the posuers dont even give the best product to ever wear the HD crest a second look than that's got to tell you something.

Hey take a good look at my bike and any Buell. Gee? I wonder whose styling Buell ripped off.

I do not see any corelation between a Buell and a Buick TR. Well maybe I do. The Buell cant handle worth a darn and has torque up the ying-yang so I guess the two might be twins seperated at birth.:rolleyes:

I do not see any corelation between a Buell and a Buick TR. Well maybe I do. The Buell cant handle worth a darn and has torque up the ying-yang so I guess the two might be twins seperated at birth.:rolleyes:

Yamaha, honda, suzuki, Kawasaki are analogous to:
Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Pontiac or
Camaro/vette, Mustang, Viper, Trans Am (not the best one ever- buick drivetrain)

The aforementioned vehicles are like the jap bikes, what is known as common--dime a dozen, usual, boring, seen that/done that and so on.

Buick GN, you never see them and they are torque monsters
Buell, " "

I never had a problem with "torque up the ying yang" I kinda dug that part:confused:

I ride a Triumph 955i and a Ducati 748. Both get respect soon as they see the name on the sides.. Look in the paper lately? HD's all over for sale. The Buell has way too short of a wheel base for me and everything seems cheaply made like an 80's Cavilear. ..Fact is,Well built Cycles are overseas. Just like well built automobiles. :eek: Its gonna get hot in here:biggrin:

been thinking about getting 1

just wondering how these bikes are viewed by harley davidson owners

are they accepted as harley's or looked down on???

Being a Harley owner since I was 20 years old, I'm 54 now...... I'm not sure how many sportys I've owned or how many harley's including dressers I've driven and owned, but I think I might qualify to answer your question. Oh ya.... and I bought a new 1997 Buell Lightning off the showroom floor almost the first day I saw one. That was about 3 months after I sold my 1994 Road King, to invest in my business. I loved the Buell and certainly would not have bought it otherwise, from the first moment I learned about them, I never had any other thought than... what a kewl harley.... Today I still own my first Harley, a 1968 XLCH Sportster with a small stoker upgrade that I bought when I was in the service in 1972. I must have built it 4-5 times, from mild to wild.... from stock front end to 18 over springer front end and back... I also own a 1988 Harley FXLR custom with a stroker motor and 120HP at the rear wheel that I built back in 1993. 120HP was pretty wild back then, not so much anymore with all the crazy big inch motors out there. But I still think some day Nitrous or a turbo may get it back in the ball game.. :cool:

As for some of the BS I read here tonite..... it's like us old timers chuckle about ... if you had to explain..... they wouldn't understand.... I'd love to share some of my road stories from over the years..... but I won't, all I will say, there are more experiences of respect from other brand riders than you might think or be led to believe from a few of the real "posuers" :biggrin:
While attending Daytona Bike week off and on for the last 30 years... oh never mind.... if you like the BUells.... follow your heart..... you'll find plenty of friendship and comaraderie from the real motorcycle enthusiasts. :cool:

I see I ruffled some feathers on the HD Eagle. Okay time to put up or shut up I guess. Hey I call them like I see them. Pics of my ride are in this thread here http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-lounge/240386-since-we-subject-bsa-motorikes-anyone.html

You know the creed of a die hard biker is you never sell your first bike. Well this was #3 but I still have my first bike too. I cut my teeth riding Harleys so yes I do have an idea what I'm talking about. And yes 99.9% of anything Harley is sold to posuers. All I need to do is ride into Daytona Beach every March and October to prove my theory and opinion. And yes Eric Buell is a sellout. He had soul....at one time. And you could see it in the bikes. Now all they are is Bimotas with a HD V-twin. And how many years did it take a Buell to win any race close to a national championship caliber type of race?

Here's another "whatda thinks". Take a good look at the VRSC line of bikes. Hey those just linger on the showrooms too. Aint nothing wrong with the Buell. The thread starter asked a question and he got some answers. Why he wanted approval from the HD Posuers was beyound me, thats all. If the posuers dont even give the best product to ever wear the HD crest a second look than that's got to tell you something.

Hey take a good look at my bike and any Buell. Gee? I wonder whose styling Buell ripped off.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

You ar right in the statement that this thread has become way off topic as I have stated previously, and I appologize to thread starter for contributing to the chaos, but I just couldn't leave this one alone.

To say that any Buell resembles a BSA, never-the-less ripped off the styling from one is ridiculous.

There has never been a BSA motorcycle with a sling-mounted V-twin tube frame, a integral frame gas tank, a perimiter front disk brake, blah, blah. blah. I could go on forever. Never mind there hasn't been a BSA for 36 years.

Although, on the other hand they both have 2 wheels and a seat, so I could see the resemblance. Oh and they both do 60mph. Only thats the BSA's top speed and the Buell will do it in first, carrying the front wheel the whole time.

As far as Buell handling goes, I would agree that even the newest Buell has trouble competing with the Japanease market, but from the list of bikes you rattled off owning, I would hardly consider you to have the experience enough to know what a bike that can handle could do.

Again, I appologize to everyone for adding to the chaos, but I am so sick of people who have never owned or ridden a Buell passing judgement, or perpetuating rumor.

I have raced, and street ridden M2's, X-1's, XB9's and XB12's. I have had them try to kill me on more than one occasion. I have the right to say if the bike handles or not. You do not.

"Again, I appologize to everyone for adding to the chaos, but I am so sick of people who have never owned or ridden a Buell passing judgement, or perpetuating rumor."
X2! The truth is Buells are damn good bikes. Refer to any Cycle World review of a Buell and you'll see proof that they can compete with anything else out there. There's nothing wrong with any bike in this thread. Although, I have heard katana's are junk:p
Back to the original topic, I really only remember one time a "Harley guy" dissed on Buells to me, asking me "why the f would I buy one of those things"
This was a salesman in a Harley only dealership. The problem is closed minded people who are convinced that there's only one way to do things. In theory, any biker should feel a bond with any other biker because we all take the same risks when we ride. In my experience, that's the way it is 99% of the time. It really doesn't matter what you ride.

hey turbofish, if you owned harleys what's not to say that your not a "poser" also? thats a beautiful bike you have , but i'm sure that people out there would have a few comments they could make about it and your choice of ride, am i not right?

hey turbofish, if you owned harleys what's not to say that your not a "poser" also? thats a beautiful bike you have , but i'm sure that people out there would have a few comments they could make about it and your choice of ride, am i not right?

Who cares? 30 years of riding a Rice Rocket may have made me a bit jaded towards HD but it was the "buy American" attitude of the posuers that swore me away from HD in particular. You boys are just plain clueless. Harley doesn't make inline engines! I'm in it for speed. 30 years ago Harley wasn't known for speed. Maybe if they weren't so stuck on themselves I'd be riding one today. If the day ever does come where I want to have a V-twin I sure as heck aint picking a Harley powered scooter. I'd rather buy a Victory if the choice is buy American. Like I said. Who cares what the posuers think? If you do than you must be a posuer yourself!

Here's food for thought. Can the Buell be considered a Harley? The 1125R that you can buy today isn't even powered by a Harley. Chalk another one up on my side of this arguement!

Oh.And Monch. My bike is at the end of that thread. Mine is the Suzuki GS1000SZ Katana. Not the BSA of the thread starter. And I agree. It don't matter what you ride as long as you ride. Most if not all of us have bikes that way excide our skills to ride them as they were intended so it's a moot point on who has the fastest or best handling bike.:cool:

still a nice bike. i'm not one of those purest h-d owners who think that thier bikes are the best and that's it. i had a 88 yamaha fzr 1000 for a while, when i was younger. so i know how the crotch rockets are to.i almost bought a 90 suzuki katana 1100, a few years back, but the guy selling it was killed on it by a drunk driver.

I ride what I like, could care less what anyone thinks and after about 3 waves I'm done waving for the day, lol. :cool: