BS Story or not?

Was this a BS story?

• Yes BS Story told in typical female style

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • No she really did just hook up with some other guy

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Who knows shes a female and none of us will ever understand anything they do

Votes: 51 81.0%

• Total voters

striker_29

Ok folks, this one has me kind of mystified so I'm gonna lay it out here for my Buick brothers. I think you will probably confirm my suspicion, but lets see. To make a long story short, there's this chick that I see through my work every now and then, but have only seen on probably 4 or 5 occasions. A couple of weeks ago (maybe even early last week) was one of those times, and she seemed to be sending me some pretty good vibes. Caught her checking me out, then looking away real quick when I looked up. She mentioned that she wasn't seeing anybody, even though I didnt ask, stuff like that. Little hottie she is too, and just as sweet as she could be, although she seems to have her "blonde" moments. Anyway, saw her again this week and proceded to ask her out. She procedes to tell me that she is seeing somebody, its "pretty new" and she would hate to mess things up with him. Thats it in a nutshell, I 'll spare you the rest of the details for now, so cast your vote!

Oh one more detail I guess I should mention. When she mentioned she wasn't seeing anyone, this is how it went down. Some "older" guy like 50 was hitting on her and asked her out. She told HIM she was seeing someone. She was telling me the story, and said "even though I'm not" like I should pick up on this fact. And now she gives me the same treatment? THATS what makes it weird to me, she just told me she blew this other guyh off using this method, and now a week and a half later tells me the same thing? Hmmm....

Chicks, man. Cant live with 'em, can't shoot 'em. I vote number 3, who knows what the hell they are thinking, they don't. Don't be suprised if she comes around flirting again. Maybe she's just one of those women who need attention so they flirt with no intention of starting something with you, they just want you to want them. Alot of women are insecure, so this makes them feel better. Now play hard to get, drives 'em nuts.

I wake up every day happy I'm a man and not vice versa. I think being a chick would suck, except for those rare moments when you get dudes to buy you stuff and get out of speeding tickets by "accidentally" showing your cleavage.;) Otherwise being a dude is better. :)

Well Mark, I think the poll pretty much answers your question. Dude, who will ever know. You may see her later checking you out again. Like having a car and you go out looking for something better. Give it time, she may well make herself available again. This time don't hesitate, ask her out when she tells you it didn't work out with him. Seize the moment. She may have been put off you didn't ask her right then the first time and went with this guy out of desperation.

Mark

P.s. at least now you know her standard brush off line.

Man you guys are great. Thanks for the great words of wisdom, I knew I could count on you guys:)

Sounds like a typical "twit" story to me.Turn around is fair play. I would set her up. Keep coming around for more. Let her be nice, act like you are going to ask her out, but at the last minute, do not ask her out. Do not, and do not ever again. But always make her think that you are going to.
Ask her stupid questions like what type of activities she likes.
But don'e ever ask her out again. Eventually she will catch on, but in the meantime, it should be fun. Hone up on your skills.

Originally posted by striker_29
Ok folks, this one has me kind of mystified so I'm gonna lay it out here for my Buick brothers. I think you will probably confirm my suspicion, but lets see. To make a long story short, there's this chick that I see through my work every now and then, but have only seen on probably 4 or 5 occasions. A couple of weeks ago (maybe even early last week) was one of those times, and she seemed to be sending me some pretty good vibes. Caught her checking me out, then looking away real quick when I looked up. She mentioned that she wasn't seeing anybody, even though I didnt ask, stuff like that. Little hottie she is too, and just as sweet as she could be, although she seems to have her "blonde" moments. Anyway, saw her again this week and proceded to ask her out. She procedes to tell me that she is seeing somebody, its "pretty new" and she would hate to mess things up with him. Thats it in a nutshell, I 'll spare you the rest of the details for now, so cast your vote!

I suggest, paying her "no"attention, and if she really has something for you, she will come falling to your feet prety much. Sounds like she is giving you the run arounds, but like the poles said you will never know.
Give her some of that treating mentioned first, and if she was interested in you, that would just make her more interested.
Charles

I voted for#3.It was the nearest choice to why women Can't Understand Normal Thinking. :confused:

I have seen a ton of women literally come onto guys that they want to meet, even as early as last night. I say leave her alone but be available, if she's interested you'll KNOW it!

Have fun!:cool:

So a handfull of us think it was bs, most of us admit to not having a clue, but not one single vote that she was actually telling the truth. Interesting.

I vote #4: does it really matter? ;)

Based on my past experiences (not that I'm a journeyman, but) ask yourself a couple of questions:

Are you looking for a "meaningful" relationship?
and if so--
Do you want some chick who just "settles" for you after the rest of the local gene pool doesn't seem to suit her fancy?

My wife and I met 12 years ago at a club (a good friend of mine was the cook)...There were plenty of pretty-boys to choose from, but for some reason she wanted to dance with ugly ol' me. 6 weeks later we got married. She's always said she "just knew" that I was the "right one". And I felt the same way! Maybe most people aren't as lucky as we are, but I'm sure a few guys on this board can back me up about the "right one"! You WILL know it if/when a lady thinks YOU'RE her right one! :D

(Oh--if you don't really care about a "meaningful" relationship, just ignore all that crap!)
;)

Originally posted by Wells
Sounds like a typical "twit" story to me.Turn around is fair play. I would set her up. Keep coming around for more. Let her be nice, act like you are going to ask her out, but at the last minute, do not ask her out. Do not, and do not ever again. But always meke her think that you are going to.
Ask hedr stupid questions like what type of activities she likes.
But don'e ever ask her out again. Eventually she will catch on, but in the meantime, it should be fun. Hone up on your skills.

I like your suggestion here, I really do. Its just that I don't know if I have the stomach for it right now. Deep down I have a resentment for any chick that does this kind of stuff, really pisses me off. I will probably just ignore her as Charles Long and some others suggested. ALthough, I'm torn your advice is very, very tempting.

And Kevin (BFH), very insightful stuff from you as usual:) Thanks! I am NOT looking for a meaningful relationship (not necessarily opposed to it), she was merely a little hottie that seemed to be presenting an opportunity so to speak. Somehow though, she slipped past my BS detector and I realize that she's probably a "twit" after I have commited myself by asking her out. I usually weed them out beforehand, now she holds the power the little twit.

Ohh and I see we have a female that has decided to cast a vote:rolleyes: Edit: Make that two.

My .02 (you know I always have an opinion)

Most single women like to keep their options open. They're like Tarzan swinging on a vine: always have the next one lined up before you let go. I think she told you the truth before, and now. The catch is that she put the vibe out to several guys, not just you. She was probably working them longer since she just met you and just got out of the relatinship (or whatever it was). I think that she probably started recruiting before she was done with the last one. Someone out there beat you to it, but that's probably for the best. No loss and don't ask her out again. Women like that who "cover their bases" are hard to trust since you don't ever know if they're telling you what you want to hear and working on something else at the same time.

Always remember about the typical woman: take half of what she says, divide by 3, take 20% and you can believe about a third of that. ;)

That damn Bill:D You know, you could be right, no doubt. That is a very plausible explanation. Another very strange thing is she has the same name as THE girl that put the sour taste in my mouth about all women. And its not a very common name, I knew that was some kind of warning sign. That "relationship" was a Greek tragedy, I mean a real disaster. Oh, and sorry a called you a female up there:D Funny thing is, this guy (if he does indeed exist as you suggest) could screw up this weekend, and I could get an email from her Monday morning. Then I would really have to make a hard decision:D